Friday, October 11, 2013

Crafting Friends Are The Best!

I am loving the new stamps from Fresh Squeezed Stamps called "Scissors Ink Paper". I decided to create a colorful background with alcohol inks on glossy paper. After that, I thought the sentiment from the set is perfect for this colorful background.
It truly is a simple card. At the end, I decided to add lots of sequins to jazz it up. I am entering this card to the Color Media Challenge over Moxie Fab World.

During my one week trip to Chicago, I had the pleasure of meeting a few card-making friends that I have admired for quite some time!  First, Dr. John and I met my dear friend Alexandra (scrapbooker, alter projects, crafter, card maker...she does it all) and her hubby Mark for lunch at their private club! How awesome is that! We felt so welcomed and totally enjoyed ourselves, chatting over our scrumptious lunch. The four of us clicked right way and couldn't stop talking as soon as we got together! Alexandra and Mark are such a charming couple! You can visit Alexandra's blog here.
Then, on Friday Oct. 4th, I first met up with my long time card-making idol Mariana Grigsby! If you
have not visited Mariana's blog, I highly recommend that you do and become her follower! Mariana's work is always inspiring and her attention to detail amazes me! Mariana is a Hero Arts web design artist, what could be more perfect with my Hero Arts sign?
Virginia Met Mariana Grigsby!
Her hubby Larry and Dr. John had lots to talk about. Both of them are into cars! So the girls did the stamps and inks talk and the guys had fun sharing ideas and thoughts on cars! It was perfect!Larry, Mariana, Virginia and Dr. John
Last but certainly not least, my CAS-ual Fridays Team mate Kelly Griglione, PTI DT Laura Bassen and Cristina Kowalczyk all came to my hotel and then we headed to Bar Toma for gourmet pizza! Can you imagine the excitement over pizza, stamps, inks, ideas and everything else? I was in heaven! On top of that, I got my two books signed by THE award-winning author Cristina Henriquez.

(from left to right-Cristina, Laura, Virginia, Dr. John and Kelly)
Our topics ranged from family, kids, stamps, inks to design and we even shared photography tips! I've said it before and I will say it again: do not ever be afraid to seek out online stamping friends! I have done so many times now, but it never gets old!

Big thanks to these amazing friends who traveled to downtown Chicago, especially Laura who had to drive 3 hours each way just to meet me! I feel so blessed!
What can I say? Crafting friends are the best! So glad that I can share these fun events here with you.
Thank you for your visit here today!

38 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! What an awesome post, Virginia! First of all, your card is fantastic! I love the colorful swipes and how you added the smattering of sequins! The gold embossing looks amazing with all those pretty colors!

And oh, my - what a perfect trip to Chicago! You really are so lucky to have met all those talented, crafty friends! Wonderful photos of all of you! So glad you shared them!

Pamela said...

Ahhhh I want to go to Chicago with you!!!!! This year must have been amazing for you... meeting SOOOO many crafty friends!

Oh and I love your card. The alcohol ink is just amazing <3

Niki G said...

So totally fun! If you're ever in Hawaii that would be so cool to have lunch together! Love your pics with Kelly too! Love both your works over at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Dawn Turley said...

a very full on week Virginia. How exciting to meet up with so many of your crafty friends.

Lynn said...

Oh my I am so jealous of all the amazing blog friends you met up with in Chicago! I am sure it was amazing! Love your card...crafting perfection.

sandie said...

Hi Virginia, sorry not been visiting for a while--had a hols and just getting back into it! Your card is fabulous-that background is stunning and the words perfect for this post! What fun to meet all these friends x

Sheila H said...

Virginia, the swooshes of alcohol inks topped by the gold embossed sentiment is so dynamic! The scattered sequins are gorgeous. This card is a perfect example of your flair in card design. How wonderful to meet so many crafty and talented riends! It's such fun to share in your travels :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! The swoosh of ink, embossing, and all the different colored sequins, perfect. How fun to be able to meet all those great ladies!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous card and what can I say?
I'm sorry I missed out on the other Friends & I miss you!

Cindy C. said...

Fun card, great photos! You all look so happy! Thanks for sharing.

Tracey McNeely said...

It was like a celebrity tour Virgina! Great photos and I LOVE that card--gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving, have a great time in Ottawa!

Laura Norris said...

What fun! You met some real crafting celebrities! So glad you all had a good time!

Kelly Griglione said...

Woah, those alcohol inks really shine on your glossy paper! What a happy card. And speaking of happy, I truly couldn't be happier to meet you (and the famous Dr. John) in person, Virginia. You are quite a shining star in this card-making world of ours! xoxo

Carol McCready said...

I don't think I've ever made such a beautiful background with alcohol inks. Your card is lovely.

Happy you had such a fun time in Chicago.

Maureen Morton said...

Such a stunning card, Virginia - but it is overshadowed by the glory of your special friendships. Thanks for sharing this heart-warming story.

conil said...

Happy card today...great color and design and I simply have to have that stamp. It certainly looks like Chicago was a successful trip...and look who you got to meet face to face...I'm so envious.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

What a beautiful card Virginia, those colors are fantastic! But I'm more delighted by all the wonderful time you had with such talented ladies! I hope you come to Alabama sometime :). TFS
Hugs!

Leni said...

Love to hear your story about Chicago! I can see you had a lovely time! So nice to see the photo's. Thanks for sharing!

Angi Barrs said...

Such a fun design! I love the happy colors. And it's so fun to meet crafty friends. Love the photos.

Barb Ghig said...

Firstly, I have to tell you how much I LOVE your card! The rainbow of colors are so vivid and fun, and I love your gold embossed sentiment! Such a great idea to add those pretty sequins, too ~ Fab card, Virginia!

Your trip to Chicago must have been a blast! I'm so happy for you that you got together with all these amazing artists...and a book signing! Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us...I really enjoyed seeing them!

I also want to wish you and your family safe travels and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda R said...

This card has such a happy feel to it. I love the added sequences. Such wonderful photos. Looks like you are enjoying yourself.

Hugs~

Deepti said...

What a stunning look on inks on the shiny paper. Love the colors and the photos are adorable :)

Deb said...

Oh Virginia, it sounds like you truly and an amazing, wonderful time. So, so, so happy for you all. I love your card!!! The gold on top of all that gorgeous color is awesome. And you comment on my most recent card made my day ;) Hugs to you!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun to meet all these fellow stampers!! Very awesome~

Laura B. said...

Oh my gosh! I love your card! That swoosh of rainbow alcohol inks with the embossing over top is phenomenal!!! I had so much fun visiting you and John...chocolate is gone! almonds are gone! guess it's time for you to come back, lol!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

The card is amazing! Love seeing your photos. Great group! Crafty friends are the best! Like you!

Kristie said...

Meeting online friends is so much fun! I've been fortunate enough to meet several through the years.

I love your colorful card, especially what you did with the background!

Kristie
http://mypaperlife.com

Mariana Grigsby said...

I love the pictures, Virginia. Thanks for sharing them! Too bad I could not stay to meet the other talented ladies!

Your card is wonderful! It has been a long time since the last time I played with alcohol inks... maybe its time to buy some ;) Don't you think?

BTW... Soon you will get something in your mail box ;)

Hugs

Annette Allen said...

ok first of all your card totally ROCKS.. love how you added the color.. it is perfect..

second how fun to meet some more crafty friends.. glad you had an awesome trip..

Greta said...

Wonderful pictures & I can just imagine how wonderful all these meetings were! Hoping I get to meet more stamping friends in person--including you, Virginia! PS--thanks for being sure I knew my name was drawn--you're a sweetie!

Nonni said...

I love your card, the background is really beautiful, your color choices are fantastic! How fun that you've met blogging friends -something I hope to achieve some day too!

lenny said...

Stunning card; love the bright colors, the sequins and the embossing!
Oh ... and wonderful photos!! I must be AWESOME to meet up with crafty friends!! It looks like you had a GREAT time!! :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

BIG wow on this V! I love all of it. The beads on the sequins (or at least that is what I assume they are), just take it to another level!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful post, Virginia! How lucky to meet up with crafty friends! I can only dream of meeting you and Dr. John in Vegas one of these days! And I love your card with all that sparkly goodness!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Fabulous Post...Virginia! So lucky you get to hang out with some of the fab designers in the industry!!! Love your cards :)

Alice Wertz said...

wow! that alcohol ink background is super cool with the gold sentiment. fabulous card! and awww... finally (just me) see the photos of you with those talented ladies! it must have been amazing to chat with them just as i had with you! =) thanks so much for sharing!

Dwita said...

Amazing friendship that you have, Virginia!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)