Saturday, October 5, 2013

Happy World Card Making Day!

Mark Your Calendar!  You won't want to miss this!!
Happy World Card-making Day! It makes perfect sense to share a card with you today. Here is another edition of my paint chip card creation! With a rich and striking colored background, I simply embossed the image in white and let the stamp do the talking... from me to you
The swirly lines are from SRM Stickers. The flower stamp is called Pom Pom Flower (Hero Arts) and the sentiment is from Happy Hexagons  (Fresh Squeezed Stamp). I really like how this turned out!

I am entering this card for Moxie Fab world's General Craft Supplies Challenge
(items used: strings and button)

Updateam returning from my 6-day trip to Chicago with Dr. John today! Not only did we see the amazing architecture and styles, tasted the scrumptious food (oh that deep dish pizza--yum! ) that Chicago has to offer, I met up with the most talented card-makers on this planet!!! I am so thankful for these lovely ladies who came and met me at my hotel. I hope to share as soon as I get back to my normal home schedule.Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I knew this wad more paint chips the moment I saw it. Gorgeous you brilliant woman!

Sheila H said...

I bet you're causing a run on paint chips at home improvement stores, Virginia! I love your stamping the sentiment on the side of the white flower. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Lynn said...

So glad you had a wonderful trip! I love this card...gorgeous design!

Barb said...

I love this card, V! So vibrant and beautiful!

Can't wait to see photos from your trip - you lucky girl!!

Angi Barrs said...

Happy WCMD! Love this card. That flower is fabulous!

Nat said...

beautiful card!!! Happy WCMD to you :) enjoy!!!

Carol McCready said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Happy World Card Making Day.

Barb Ghig said...

Welcome home, Virginia! And, Happy World Card-making Day to you, too!

I love how you made your flower the star of the show on this card! You've done some amazing things with your paint chips, and I think this one is my fave...so far!!!

Jennifer said...

Welcome home! What a beautiful card. Love the rich colors on that strip, very warm

Pamela said...

You lucky lucky girl! You went to chicago???? Did you see Cristina??? Hehehe

Susan said...

Love your card Virginia! It's so you! Happy WCMD. You are one of the most prolific card makers I've ever known and have done so much to inspire so many with your talents.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the card! Happy WCD! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

MichelleZ said...

Very pretty! The fiber button flower center looks fab with that image. Happy Stamping!

Judy1223 said...

Happy WCMD to you, Virginia! I love your card and will dfinitely have to try this...we have SO many paint chips from house projects, no sense in letting them go to waste! Thanks for all your inspiration, today on WCMD and every day of the year!

Robin K. said...

Happy WCMD Virginia! You've been doing some amazing things with paint chips and this is no exception!

Annette Allen said...

totally gorgeous...yay for Chicago.. can't wait to see pictures..

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your Card Virginia and happy you are home safe even though Chicago misses you and Dr John!!

lenny said...

Gorgeous card! That flower really pops! Stunning!
Glad to hear that you had a GREAT trip!!

Nonni said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. The embossing looks stunning against the color blocks.

Arlene said...

Imaginative and so creative. Virginia, you are such a neat person and talented too! LOL

Hugs, Arlene

Rose said...

this is beautiful :)
so glad you had a great trip!!!

Deepti said...

Virginia, you have mastered in the art of using paint chip, you are quite an inspiration for me :)

Alice Wertz said...

so clever! love the colors you picked for the background and the white embossing really help the focal point stand out! such a pretty card, V!!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the General Craft Supplies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)