Friday, November 29, 2013

heartfelt thanks

 My house is a bit of a mess right now since I have many projects on the go. 
I think this photo sums it up nicely...

Hello! Just to have a change of pace with the seasons/holidays, we are going to have some soft pretty colors to look at here in this little blog! I made today's card for a submission call this summer and....it was a reject. I like it so much still, I think it's perfect to share it today!
hearfelt thanks
I had embossed the flowers in white on glossy card stock. Then I stamped the colors of the flowers. 

Card stock: yellow glossy paper by Recollections
Stamps: Everyday Expressions by Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Inks: Hero Arts Shadow Inks (Corn Flower, Pale tomato, Butter Bar)
Embossing Powder: (white, detailed) Embossing Power by Stampendous
Accessories: sequins by Neat and Tangled, ribbons (American Crafts), sentiment by SRM Press
Tools: Corner Squeeze Punch by Fiskar, sequins by Neat & Tangled

 1. Make card from card stock 
 2. Emboss the images in white
 3. Stamp the flower image over embossed image
 4. Tie ribbons and add sentiment sticker, add sequins 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey girl..in love with this gorgeous embossing! Beautiful!

Sheila H said...

Your embossed/stamped flowers are spectacular, Virginia. They practically pop off the card :)

Linda R said...

I can't believe this was a reject. I LOVE it.

Hugs~

conil said...

Hey girl, how could they reject this...love it.

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so surprised this was rejected, Virginia! It's such a pretty card! I love the summery feel of the yellow background with your colorful flowers!

And, I LOVE seeing that handsome hunk of a man lying across the couch appreciating all of your wonderful art work :-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Hey Girl, I love this card although I am having trouble scrolling back up from the bottom of your post to it--ha ha ha. Beautiful colours and I would have never rejected it.

Laura B. said...

I never knew about yellow glossy cardstock!!! The white embossing looks so good on it! Gotta get some of this stuff! Does it come in many colors?

Katie Gehring said...

So pretty, Virginia! It's a welcome ray of sunshine on this cold fall/winter day!

Dawn Turley said...

it is adorable Virginia... how could anyone reject this!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great contrast to the gray day we're having here today. Thanks for sharing this bit of sun with us!

Rose said...

so pretty :)

Maureen Morton said...

Some sweet relief from the holidays - thanks for sharing!

Wida said...

you make me laugh! I like the change of pace too!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet and delightful, V!! love the colors you used!