Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Paint Chip Card --Radiant Orchid!

I made a card with a paint chip again!!
This time I used Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year -Radiant Orchid!
 Here is an inspiring post from Kim Kesti over at Moxie Fab World. 
The other day I made a trip to Lowes....it was AWESOME! Here is my stash ( shhhhh...)
I took the exact Pantone Radiant Orchid and created this card. The paint chip "card stock" is actually VERY sturdy and lovely....need I say more?
you make everyday special
Stamps: Single Starburst (Hero Arts), Everyday Expressions (Fresh Squeezed Stamps)
I embossed the image in two colors (gold and white). After that, it was just a matter of putting it together with a deeper shade of ribbon and a small strip of pattern paper as accent.
 I think this color is growing on me! I was quite skeptical about it at first.... Me likey now! 
PS: I have an exciting post to share tomorrow...please come right back!

Thanks to your positive feedback, I have extended the linking deadline to Jan 31, 2014. There is a lot of time to link up your creations!

23 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is seriously gorgeous!!! Love that you embossed the white and gold, really makes it pop. Lowes is going to have a picture of you in the paint dept soon...haha!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning card, Virginia! Your paint chip must be HUGE to fit across your card! I was also surprised at the beautiful quality of the ones I found (Behr brand).

I really love your embossed starbursts and your ribbon is so pretty! You sure have the 'Midas' touch when it comes to using your paint chips :-) I just hope Lowe's and Home Depot never find out and start charging us for them!

Dawn Turley said...

stunning Virginia. I just love this colour...anything purple pleases me. What great paint chips. Everything about this card makes me happy to look at.

My name is Erika. said...

I can see why this is the color of the year. SO elegant. Beautiful card. Your best yet.

Lynn said...

Stunning. The orchid and the gold together are an amazing combination!

Sheila H said...

Your beautiful embossing reminds me of fireworks, Virginia :) The strip of patterned paper and the ribbon are just fab embellishments.

Barb said...

STUNNING card, Virginia! LOVE!!!

Can't wait to see your post tomorrow! ♥

joy said...

I predict a run on the paint chip sections of all the big box stores! I am definitely going to get some of these - it has actually been a favorite color of mine for a long time.

This card is so beautiful it makes my toes curl!

keren said...

Well- wow!! How gorgeous. I'm nearly convinced. Stunning card !! x

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so WOW--my fav paint chip project of yours to date!

Cindy C. said...

Wow it's so gorgeous, you knocked my socks off!!! I love that colour too!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, I am so impressed that you got the actual color on a paint chip! I didn't know Pantone had paint chips. And it's big! Just perfect for Virginia's cards, how did they know? You really rocked this one, I love it! Can't wait for your exciting news : )

conil said...

Can you say GORGEOUS? Perfect choice for the paint chip...lovely design and execution.

Harriet said...

Beyond lovely..............thanks.

Julie C. said...

This is such a beautiful card! Just shows how great paint chips are. Love the embossing in gold and white. Love it! ^_^

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the stamp you chose too - it totally evokes 'radiant'.

Alice Wertz said...

this is so beautiful and elegant! love love it, Virginia!

Annette Allen said...

wow you did it again.. this is gorgeous..

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! I love everything about it. TFS

alexandra s.m. said...

an absolute stunner Virginia!
I love that color for sure ;)

Linda R said...

Another amazing card Virginia..

Hugs~

Angi Barrs said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Must get some paint chips!

Laura B. said...

Love what you did with this new color! So pretty! I need to get out my paint chips soon and play!