Thursday, December 26, 2013

Crepes!

Hello! Hope your had a beautiful Christmas time with family and friends! Are you cooking up anything yummy lately? Today I am here to share some crepe photos/recipe with you! 
Crepe is such a fun and easy food to make. When my family toured Paris in 2008, we basically had crepes every day. It is such a common street food in Paris! The fillings that you find most are lemon, Nutella and chocolate!

I had an olde recipe for crepes, but this time I used Maratha Stewart's crepe recipe. Here is Crepe 101. And here is the Basic Crepe recipe I used. I quite like this one!

I made the crepes a day ahead. Be sure to let the mixed batter rest for 2 hours at least before you make them in skillet.
After finished with the assembling, bake in the preheat oven 350 F for 15 min.

For the fillings, mine was white fish (Tilapia or cod will do) with mixed vegetables ( carrots, beans, potatoes ,celery). In my view, the most important ingredients for a tasty crepes are the herbs (use fresh if you can, I used herbes de Provence) and cheese (use the BEST Swiss cheese you can find. I used Gruyere ).
It is easy and yummy! And I think they look impressive, too!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a scrumptious day!

10 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello my dear Friend!
I take it you had a Merry Christmas!
YOur Crèpes sound delicious and you are so right, fresh quality ingredients are a must!
Nothing tops Gruyère for crèpes in my opinion although Emmenthal, which is less pricey, is also very good.

Hugs~

Dawn Turley said...

Sounds extra yummy Virginia. Hope you had a great Christmas

Lyndal said...

Hope you had a FABULOUS Christmas!!!

Sheila H said...

Your crepes look delicious! I trust you and the family had a wonderful Christmas :)

diana said...

Yummy! TFS the pictures & the recipe. ;-)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how yummy! Thanks so much for the step by step and the link, Virginia! I'm definitely gonna make these crepes!

I'm sure you had a wonderful Christmas with your family! Please check your email for a message I sent you a few days ago ;-)

Annette Allen said...

OK.. i seen the cookies and now these.. I am officially hungry.. :) looks yummy

Katie Ann Brooks said...

yum, yum, yum!

Petti said...

I LOVE crepe. Thank you for the recipe!

Мария Доричева Maria Doricheva said...

Wonderful idea for our very common food in Russia. Thank you for sharing, Virginia, my kids are sure to like it!