Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Colorful.... Moxie Fab World

Hello, hello!  I am super excited to share the card that I made for my guest blogging over Moxie Fab World. I was kind of stumped as to what to share....As you can imagine, I was overwhelmed and bewildered for the first few days after getting the guest blog invitation. Finally, I looked into Pinterest and found this photo very inspiring. A few of you asked me how I made this card.
All I can say is ...it really is easier than you think (wink)!
We do live in a colorful world and what better way to capture that in a card? 
sending Christmas JOY
First I started with the white embossing of this stamp (Map of America), then I stamped the continent with tiny stamps ( a heart and a star stamp, to be exact) in assorted colors. After I finished stamping the continents, I applied distress inks (Broken China and Tumbled Glass) carefully along the continent's borders! I then gold-embossed the sentiment in vellum and did some layering. Add the star and sequins. And that's it!

I have to admit, my first attempt was a "fail". After feeling quite proud and pleased with the result, I then noticed that I accidentally colored the Hudson Bay (see card below)!!! I tried to fix the color, so I add more colors. Before you know it, it then turned GREEN (it's near the upper star sequin)! Grrrr...!
Well, I am glad that I made a re-do (plus, I think I added way too many sequin stars!).
I hope that you check out Moxie Fab World's post and leave a comment because there is a giveaway (see below)!  Please comment by Sunday, Midnight Eastern Time.
Giveaway 
Now that the guest post is out...I am quite relieved. And I miss Cath!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

27 comments:

sandie said...

stunning card, bursting with colours and joy! And congrats on Moxie Fab x

Pamela said...

Such an amazingly gorgeous card ♥

Barb Ghig said...

I love both cards, Virginia! I didn't notice your mistake until you pointed it out...and I think it's because your coloring is gorgeous!

Off I go to check out your post...thanks for the link!

CinnamonSally said...

Love the card Virginia such vibrant colours!

Trinh said...

Great post on MFW and I love your card! Your take on the original piece is so creative.

Laura Jane said...

Amazing card Virginia!

JanR said...

Good to see you got that algae problem in Hudson Bay all cleared up. ;-)

I know I don't often comment but I just had to this time. I think your card is absolutely and completely stunning. And brilliant. And amazingly awesome. I just love, love, love it!! My fave Christmas card of the year so far.

Trisha Klowak said...

Beautiful card!! I love the colors :)

Barb said...

I loved your post, V! Well done, my friend! You ROCK!!!!

cardz said...

What a brilliant card. I always love seeing a really original idea and yours is just that, beautifully executed.
Heather T

Annette Allen said...

wow your post on Moxie Fab is perfect.. Congrats on Guest blogging.. your card is stunning..

Joni nina Andaya said...

Awesome post at MFW. Love that world card you made! So colorful...what a perfect take on the inspiration :)

C Wu said...

love the card and the awesome post over MFW.

Jennifer said...

Oh Virginia, this card is gorgeous! Love, love, love it! Great post over at MFW too. Hugs!

Sheila H said...

Magnificent stamping!

Jingle said...

Virginia, your post was awesome and this card is nothing less than breathtaking! Amazing!

Laura B. said...

This card is so spectacular! I just love the color and the gold embossing! Just perfect!

~amy~ said...

seriously love this and your MFW post!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on the guest spot, Virginia! Your card literally took my breath away!! Hugs, Darnell

Miriam Prantner said...

That card is stunning, a work of art, I love, love, love it and I am quite sure you made Cath very very proud!

Jennyfer L said...

Wow Virginia this is awesome! You came up with a new way to emboss and that too make a map of the world in various colors!!! You sure will make Cath proud:-)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

This card is so amazingly stunning Virginia!! So clever how you used the tiny heart and star to stamp that riot of colour! Simply spectacular!!!

Agata Dagmara Pfister said...

Your card is sooooo brilliant, Virginia! Love this way of seeing the world (or at least that part of it!) and sharing the joy with it!

Linda said...

I love your card! What a clever use of the stamp! Thanks for the chance.

Kelly Griglione said...

Thoroughly enjoyed your article, Virginia! And so glad to read about your card making behind-the-scenes. It turned out so well! Wonderful idea. And I have to say, the article you picked at MFW is one of my all-time favorites. I had never stopped to think of what makes for a good card and post before, and that certainly clarified things. Well done!

Kelly Griglione said...

Thoroughly enjoyed your article, Virginia! And so glad to read about your card making behind-the-scenes. It turned out so well! Wonderful idea. And I have to say, the article you picked at MFW is one of my all-time favorites. I had never stopped to think of what makes for a good card and post before, and that certainly clarified things. Well done!

Maureen Morton said...

This is such a great card with all those colors and the elegant embossing. I love that you share your "journey", even what you consider mistakes.....even they are a delight! Congrats on the guest spot.