Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Quick Set of Christmas Cards!

You know you are addicted to card-making when....
you watch a random TV show and the program's theme colors prompt you to do something!

Well, that is exactly what happened to me when I watched Bethenny! I actually do not watch this show much at all. It happened just when I was channel-surfing (after much baking for party of 8) and needed some mindless TV...I was really drawn into the bright colors of her setting. How weird is that? And then...Stephanie asked me to see if I can make some cards for her friends...
Bingo!
quick set of cards
I love how easy this set of cards came together. I ended up with making 6 of them! This card is perfect for mailing as it is one layer! I had used three colors ( Ocean Dye Ink, Pale Tomato from Hero Arts; Lemon Squeeze and Mustard Seed Distress Ink), three images and three tiny embellishments.

 Stamps: Heavens Rejoice (sentiment), Skyline by Hero Arts
By the way, the party for 7 college kids on Monday went splendidly....even I had a lot of fun watching them playing Foosball and Pictionary (remember those?)! I managed to take a quick shot (sorry for the poor photo) of the desserts!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

22 comments:

sandie said...

Adorable VIrgina, love the cityscape and the sun is perfect. I am so pleased I am not the only one who thinks about card ideas at the weirdest times! Perhaps we should ask people when they get ideas and see who has the most bizarre!

Barb said...

Your desserts look amazing, V! Glad you and the kids had fun!

Love your card! Fabulous colors! Bet Stephanie loved them too! So nice of you to make 6 of them for her! ♥

Lynn said...

I think this should be a series on...you know you're addicted to card making when...we could all contribute very easily! I love this scene...the bright colors are perfect! so glad the dinner went well!

Sheila H said...

Great colors! Your cityscape is beautiful and so is the sentiment. Thanks for sharing how the inspiration came to you. I bet your party food was totally devoured :)

Laura B. said...

Fabulous one layer cards! Love the bright colors and the masked sun! Your desserts look so delicious! Lucky kids!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love the colors on your card, excellent! Fun inspiration!

Look at all of those delish desserts!

conil said...

What a fun set of cards. Love the colors too. Bet those baked goods didn't stick around too long.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! I love the gold dots around the sun and the bright colors. And those desserts look fantastic!

Cris G said...

Great cards, Virginia. I love the non traditional colors, the skyline, and that sun is just unusual and gorgeous. And your desserts also look very good! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

What fantastic cards Virginia, love the colours. You are such a fantastic Mom!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Love the colors on your cards! And yummy desserts!~ TFS

Barb Ghig said...

Will you adopt me...please??? You are such an amazing mom!!!!

Your card is so pretty, Virginia! I love this sentiment with your skyline and how you created the rays of the sun...beautiful color combo, too!

lenny said...

Wonderful X-mas card!! Love the non-traditional colors!
MMMM...those deserts ... I could eat a piece of that chocolate cake... :)

Annette Allen said...

wow totally one of my most favorites.. love the non traditional colors and YUMMY cake..

Nonni said...

Great one layer card, the colors are so vivid and I love the sun! I'd like a piece of that cake too, please. :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

This is so gorgeous! Love!

craftvithme said...

How bright is that card! And the cake looks yummy.

The cityscape is nice. Looks like it's on my wishlist now :D

And thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question over at RIC. Really really appreciate it.

Hugs,
Vithya

Nat said...

such a beautiful card, love all the details and how you stamped the sentiment. Merry Christmas to you! :)

Joni nina Andaya said...

Your card is Gorgeous Virginia! Those color combos so lovely! Your post of foods always makes me hungry!

Kelly Griglione said...

Hmm, I think you need to watch more TV!! Hahaha, love how it inspires you, Virgina. Your mind is always spinning!

Do I spy Lego in the background of your delicious treats?!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Gorgeous card! I bet Stephanie loved sending these to her friends! Your desserts look wonderful too....yummmmm. :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

LOVE! The halo around the sun/moon is lovely! Wonderful color choices!