Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cruising with Alexia!

Hello! I am Virginia's pet cat Alexia. Today is my blog day. Virginia is currently swamped with DT assignments, feeding the family and catching up on laundry... I was asked to share my traveling experience with the Lu Family. What can I say? I live a pretty carefree and happy life. The Lu's sure know how to have fun during the holiday. We took a cruise through the Panama Canal!
First, we had two days at sea. Then we hit "The Island of Aruba" (as our tour guide liked to call it).
After a tour of the scenic sights and beach ( recognized as one of the world's Top 10 sandy beaches), we were off to Cartagena, Colombia. 
We visited an old church, watched a traditional folk dance and toured the Museum.
  And of course, the highlight of this trip was to cruise through the amazing Panama Canal.
It took about 8 hours to transit through the entire Canal. The Lus were busy taking photos the entire time as it is a once in a lifetime experience. This is the view from the cruise ship...it is tight, tight, tight!
 The next highlight was to visit the rainforest in Puntarenas, Costa Rica. We LOVED the tram ride above the tree top! From there, we saw lots of exotic tropical birds and plants.
 Also, it was my first time to witness ants-crossing sign! See those green leaves that were carried by tiny ants!
 
Check out the video that David took and you will see what I mean...
Aren't those ants miracle workers or what? 

Our last stop was Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I happened to meet a fellow pet traveler from Australia! Stephanie and David could not believe that their mom is not the only insane silly one who brings a pet cat to travel! (LOL) See my friend at the top left corner?
Cabo San Lucas is a tourist town! It is well known for fishing and the gorgeous El Arco (or Land's End). Lucky me to pose with these breath-taking rock formations! 
I watched my diet by exercising (almost) daily with the Lus. The fancy food were SO tempting! I think we all survived :) 
 "Yo ho, yo ho...a cruiser's life for me!"  
(to the tune of Disney's "yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...")
 
Cruising can be very tiring...Virginia even gave me this "treatment" in Cabo San Lucas!
Dr. John called it a "DIY Acupuncture". Needless to say, I am not too crazy about it...
Well, that's it, folks! Virginia will be back soon with more of her creations!
 Ciao!

28 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

You always make me smile! Jo x

donna mikasa said...

LOVE the blog takeover by Alexia! Such fab photos, Virginia! As always, the Lus know how to enjoy life to the fullest! Thanks for sharing--I feel like I was with you!

Stephanie K Lu said...

Can't stop laughing at these photos! Guess it was worth the embarrassment! Way to go, Alexia. =)

Miriam Prantner said...

In my next life I want to come back as Alexia, she gets to go to some pretty fantastic places! Looks wonderful!!!

Jennifer said...

So fun and cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun Alexia. And you even found a new friend too. Awesome photos...thank you for sharing!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous post by Alexia! Panama Canal is on our bucket list so it was nice to get a preview.

b.p. said...

Best guest post yet!

Harriet said...

Thank you Lu family and Alexia for taking me on a trip. It's been pretty cold here and the pics of sunshine and places I will never venture to were a great treat.

Lin said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! How are you adjusting back in the frozen tundra?

Dawn Turley said...

Alexia, you are one lucky cat to live with the Lu's. You go on such exciting trips. Thanks for sharing your experiences and letting Virginia get on with her DT work....:-)

Annette Allen said...

WOW Virginia these pictures are amazing.. what a gorgeous cruise.. Lot's of good food and fun things to see.. Thanks for sharing..

rcwidow (Linda) said...

How fun Alexia! Love your post!

Barb Ghig said...

What a fun tour of your vacation, Alexia! You must be very well behaved to be invited to travel with the Lu's :-) Thank you so much for all the photos and the amazing video...WOW!

If you ever get tired of taking all these trips, please put in a good word for me...I would jump into a suitcase and be there in a New York minute!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Flat Stanly, you have nothing on Alexia! You are so kind to not make us wait long at all for the incredible vacation pictures! Loved looking at each and every one. And holy smokes, it takes 8 hours to get through the canal?! I had no idea. Wonderful photos, my friend!!

Sheila H said...

Thanks for the fun look at your trip! The pictures and commentary are great :)

Barb said...

Wow! Looks like an amazing trip! Fantastic photos! Give Virginia a hug for me please! ♥

Cornelia W said...

Alexia, you are one FUN blogger! Great pics, say hi to the Lu's form me!

Gerry said...

Alexia I enjoyed your post so much (although I do miss Virginia's). What a wonderful trip, thanks for sharing it all with us. Wow, can those ants move. So glad you made a friend along the way.

conil said...

Alexia, can I just say how much I enjoy your travelogues and the accompanying comments? Would of thought your "acupuncture" treatment would have felt good on your back considering how long you had to be on your "feet (paws???)". Lovely photos your family took...and you even got to meet a friend. Incidentally, just how do you manage to "watch what you eat" on a cruise????

Linda R said...

Now that looks like a wonderful cruise. I LOVE to take cruises and we have been on at least 8 cruises. But never through the canal. Thanks so much for sharing your tip with us Alexia. I do hope the acupuncture didn't hurt to bad. LOL..

Hugs~

Cindy C. said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful vacation photos Alexia! Really enjoy your post, you made me smile! Looking forward to see Virginia's creation!!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

I Love this post Alexia! I see the whole family had a wonderful time, visiting all those lovely places, you are a lucky girl Alexia! Would you let me take your place next time? :)

Greta said...

Looks like a fabulous trip!

Vanessa said...

Wow, amazing photos, Virginia! Thanks for sharing!
Vanessa x

Laura B. said...

Finally getting a chance to comment on this spectacular trip!!! Holy cow...those ants! And the beautiful sights and the FOOD!!!!! What an exciting and memorable trip! Thanks for sharing the fun!

alexandra s.m. said...

YEAH! Fabulous post my Friend!
Thank You! Thank YOu! Thank You!
I feel like I just took a mini trip with you!
Fabulous!
You are so kind and generous!
Merci!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I wanna be that little stuffy so I can travel with you everywhere! it all looks super fun (minus the DIY acupuncture)! :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Omg the DIY acupuncture killed me!!!! Ahhhhh. Ahhhhhh!!!!