Thursday, January 30, 2014

(Last) Paint Chip Card!

I just want to thank you for showing interest in my paint chip creations in the last few months. Today's card is my last installment of this series. And of course, if I come up with more ideas with paint chips, I will continue to share here.

I am entering Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge (details here) 
ANYTHING GOES WITH TWINE OR STRING
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
thank you
Supplies: Across the Card (Neat and Tangled), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), border punch, gold strings, sequins, gold embossing powder (Michael's), Corner Squeeze (Fiskar)

 I enjoy using the paint chips and creating them with my own stamps and supplies. A little gold embossing goes a long way.
 Most crafters are pretty frugal like me...well, we kind of have to! Since there are all sorts of NEW supplies that we want to buy, why spend money when you can salvage/take advantage of the free ordinary items?
As we draw the series to an end, let's continue to find other great ways in using existing supplies and turn them into something magical. It's part of the beauty in creating! Thanks for stopping by
P.S.  Dr. John: "I heard a sigh of relief from Home Depot."

20 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I have to say, I don't want this series to end, I've loved it! You are amazingly ingenious in working with them. This card is rockin' love the gold and the gold string!
I know you'll come up with new ideas and I can't wait to see them!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

lol that Doctor John! You've done some great things with this series Virginia and I look forward to seeing what you focus on next. :-)

Niki G said...

Dr. John cracks me up...sad to see this series end! You're the queen when it comes to altering paint chips for your cards!!

Lynn said...

Virginia, This has been a fabulous series...love how symmetrical this card is. Fabulous!

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh I really love the layered butterflies, you are the paint chip queen!

Joni nina Andaya said...

So many Gorgeous paint chip inspired!!! Love <3

conil said...

If you don't win the challenge, I'm going to be suspicious.

sandie said...

Great to look at all these cards and this gold embossing is just perfect with the twine x

lenny said...

Beautiful paint chip card!! Looove your "paint chip card series"! Beautiful gold embossing! wow!

Dotty Jo said...

Sweet, simple and totally lovely! Great comment from Dr John, he always cracks me up, Jo x

Annette Allen said...

so cute.. love those butterflies and your embossing is always perfect.. lovely card..

Sheila H said...

Dr. John continues to crack me up! Your color combo is vivid and happy - love the butterflies and embossing. I know you're not done with paint chips...but it will be great to see what frugal ideas you come up with next :)

~amy~ said...

Dr John....so funny.

You rock the paint chips like nobody else can! This butterfly card is fantabulous!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hahahaha....too funny!
Love your cardS and I'm still thinking about this challenge which i think is brilliant!
Thanks Sweetie!

Sue McRae said...

This is such a great clean and crisp card Virginia! Loved all the creative ways you used paint chips!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card Virginia! Pretty gold! Love your paint chip ideas and inspiration! LOL about Dr John's comment too. Haha!

Robin K. said...

Dr. John's comment gave me quite a giggle:). Love the vibrant color combo of this particular card along with the bit of gold!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wait, what, this is your last installment?! But I love your paint chip creations! Is Home Depot paying you off to cease and desist? Dr. John is too funny : )

Nonni said...

Another stunning paint chip card. You really created a new trend with these I think!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Such a fun and unique idea! LOVING the color combo too!