Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge # 51

Hello gorgeous!
 
Sponsor: Simon Says Stamps
Welcome to the latest Runway Inspired Challenge (it's the LAST one in 2013--woohoo)!let's celebrate 
 I find it a true challenge to stamp with this runway inspiration, so I opted to make the colorful banners with plain undecorated Maya Road chip boards. I simply applied two colors of Washi tape onto the chipboard. I am pleased with the result!  In the end, I managed to do some stamping (Diamond Background from Hero Arts) and sentiment (Fresh Squeezed Stamps). To make it truly festive-looking, I made bow and strings with the thin white threads. It was a bit tedious, but I think it's worth the effort!

 Hope you check out my DT mates inspiring work (see here)!
 AND there are 3 NEW DT members that will wow you!
Tasnim - Cards & Bookmarks
Virginia (Yes, Virginia...)--- you are here
Pamela miao
Aga - Just Made From Paper
 Jennifer - Our Change of Art

I will be back later with a Fresh Squeezed Stamps post (new release)

Lastly, my family and I had a nightmarish arrival after coming back from LA (where the Panama Cruise ends). We left the Princess Cruise on Sunday morning and took a flight home from LA. We were welcomed with a HUGE snowfall just when we arrived in Toronto's Pearson Airport. It was not much fun to be stuck inside the plane (seated the entire time) on the tarmac for over 3 hours after 4 hours of flight (it was midnight already). The snow was heavy....we came home with a HUGE pile of snow on our driveway at 5am Monday morning. Despite my minor complaint, I am truly thankful to be home safely and that all is well. I just need some time to recover now....and don't get me started on the laundry!

17 comments:

Laura B. said...

So happy you are finally home! Looking forward to your vacation pics! I love your nautical take on the inspiration photo.

Niki G said...

Love how you did the threading and bow and those banners are awesome!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

I didn't realise that was washi! Fabulous result!! Love these pretty pennants all strung up! :-)

Dawn Turley said...

beautiful take on the inspirational pic. You really had a bad time getting home! But think of the fabulous memories of the cruise.

Joni nina Andaya said...

Very Cool effect there! Love the pennants :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your tailored nautical interpretation, Virginia! I never think of washi tape as being solid, but of course it is. Smart to use the staples to hold it all up. Sorry to hear of your weather delays coming home. At the end of your trip, the patience is certainly not what it used to be. Glad you made it safely though!! And don't let the laundry boss you around ... it can wait a little : )

Lynn said...

I love those fabulous banners and the touch of stamping at the bottom. So glad you are home safe and sound my friend!

Jasleen said...

Amazing take on the ispiration pic, Virginia!! love it!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your fun banner card! Glad you made it home safe.

Sheila H said...

Your Washi banners are so festive! I love the stamped border. I'm happy you all made it home safely. Don't rush into the laundry :)

Marlena M. said...

I'm so glad you made it home safe. It is SO COLD here in PA, Virginia, and I thought, "How cold is it for Virginia?". ;) Forgive me for not visiting sooner...it's been hit or miss this fall/winter with comments.
Of course, your work is impeccable...as always. I love those trendy banners! Wishing you a belated Happy New Year~

Tasnim said...

The banners look great, and such good use of washi tape! I think that GORGEOUS bow is the show-stopper!! Definitely worth the tedious work you endured to achieve it :)

Jenny said...

Such a gorgeous nautical look...I love that banner!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

That comment above was me...I was signed into the wrong account!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, it's so good to see all of these wonderful posts from you, Virginia! I love how you created your banner with washi tape and how you added a subtle border to this card! It's so pretty and fun all rolled into one!

jusaweecatnap said...

Cute card. Love the pennants. So sorry about the lousy end to your vacation.

conil said...

Saw this on RIC blog and my jaw fell to the floor. No damage was done though, just awed by your gorgeous card.