Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #63

 
I am doing the last minute dash to play the challenge over CAS(E) this Sketch # 63. This fun sketch gave me a chance to play with Night Flower stencil again.
Happy Birthday
Hard to believe that the only stamped image is the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamps). For the Night Flower image, I used Emboss Gloss (by Stampendous) which I had for YEARS to do the gold embossing.
  It is handy to use it over the stencil. Although the gold-embossed image was not perfectly clean and crisp, I think it turned out fine with the TH Distress Inks (Fire Brick, Barn Door) with the Emboss Resist technique.
Here is another Sir Elton John video (1:46 minute long, Philadelphia Freedom). I thank all my US friends/blog followers as I videotaped this one especially for you!


Reminder: please take 1 minute to vote for the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD on this site (click "Kristin Brown" in #2 on the list). My daughter Stephanie co-founded this Mental Health Campaign with two classmates from her Master's program back in 2012. You can vote once every 24 hours til March 3! If you are seeing this for the first time, details are here and here . I know Stephanie and her team really appreciate your BIG help (and so do I!!).
Thanks so much for stopping by!

27 comments:

Barb said...

Love that song - thank you! And your card is gorgeous! You are creating some amazing cards with that stencil, my friend!

Dawn Turley said...

A stunner of a card Virginia. The gold embossing looks so effective with the crispness of the red stencilling

Niki G said...

Wow! Loving the colors with the gold embossing.

Barb Ghig said...

What a gorgeous card, Virginia! The impact of the gold embossing with the red is fabulous...Love this card!

Thanks for another video...and just for the record, we appreciate you very much, too!

Off to vote for my girl, Stephanie!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

This is gorgeous! Love the two colors!

Isha Gupta said...

Very pretty effect Virginia. Love your card!

Brenda said...

Ooh pretty! Love that gold embossing Virginia!

sandie said...

Stunning Virginia! Looks like your daughter's team is winning at the mo!! x

Sheila H said...

Virginia, your color combo is so bold and dynamic - the gold really pops against the red. Thanks for the video and reminder to vote for Stephanie :)

shirley-bee said...

This is stunning, Virginia!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Love that you added that gold embossing!

Bellule said...

Love your card so gorgeous !!!

Bises

Gerry said...

Oh my goodness (tribute to Shirley Temple) this card is amazing!! Wow. Another day, another vote. "We're" winning so far.

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is one of my favorite Elton John songs. :) LOVE your card! The big flower is stunning Virginia! I'm off to vote for Stephanie's campaign. Good luck Stephanie!

lenny said...

Wow! Gorgeous embossing!!! Awesome big flowere!

maria f. said...

Wowzers - your image could have been a flower on an Elton John tuxedo jacket! Lovely.

donna mikasa said...

Dazzling, Virginia! Simply dazzling! And I voted again! Fingers crossed that they'll be number one!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So very fun V! I love the gold!

Robin K. said...

This is gorgeous Virginia- I thought it was a stamp until I read your description!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wowza, Virginia! This card is stunning! Now I may have to buy that stencil. ;) I love that the gold is not completely filling the stencil--it is a fabulous look. Love Elton John, too!

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a Striking card!!! So Gorgeous with the gold!

Jen W. said...

This is a real stunner, Virginia! Love all the gorgeous texture and the gold paired with the red! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Deepti said...

Gold is so stunning !! Love ur creation :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Virginia! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

This is a total explosion of happiness! Just perfect!

Kelly Griglione said...

That gold + red is stunning! Such a great combo. Dr. John must have a really good video camera ... the sound is so clear. I've never had that for a loud concert.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Wow, this is stunning Virginia!! That paste worked so well with the Distress Inks and the end result is breathtaking!!