Saturday, February 22, 2014

Mariana's February Inspiration

My dear friend Mariana Grigsby is challenging herself and her blog followers with a monthly inspiration. I am joining the fun with Mariana! Please check out her post (details here)! If you have not seen her videos (see here), I highly recommend you to subscribe. Mariana's craftsmanship and detailing are amazing. You can subscribe to her blog here.
With this lovely photo, I created a water-colored card.hello Beautiful
With this card, I first water-colored the background with paint brush and Distress Inks, then I stamped the images after the watercolor paper became dry.I stamped the sentiment in light blue (Corn Flower from Hero Arts) to keep the color scheme light and soft.

Hope this brings a touch of Spring to you! 
Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I really love your artistic watercoloring and design on this card, Virginia! Beautiful spring color palette, too, which is so refreshing!

I'm off to vote again :-) I really wish there was more I could do to promote Stephanie's team!

Dawn Turley said...

Just love the beautiful colours. It is a lovely card

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Wonderful soft watercolouring Virginia! So Spring-like!

Can I possibly entice you to play along with my challenge too? *wink*

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Virginia this is stunning!

Cindy C. said...

Lovely watercolours!!

Barb said...

What a perfect take on that photo, Virginia! Your watercolor effect looks so beautiful! Love the colors too!

conil said...

Love the colors you chose...soft and oh so springlike.

Sheila H said...

Oh, Virginia, this card is a work of art! The soft, fluid water color background beautifully enhances the flower and butterflies. Your colors definitely evoke a spring time feeling.

Carole x said...

Very pretty card x

Tracey McNeely said...

Hello gorgeous card! Such a beautiful spring scene and colours!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! Love the watercolored background!

Cat Craig said...

I glimpsed this beauty first over in the HA Flickr group and just loved it. Now I am happy to see the inspiration piece here on your blog. It is lovely and such a wonderful interpretation. Don't watercolors just make you yearn for spring?

Lin said...

So spring-like, Virginia, and a wonderful take on the inspiration!

GeeCee said...

ooohhh...so beautiful! Thank you Virginia for sharing your pretty watercolour card. I luv the colours. Inspires me to try some watercolouring.
-g-

Karen said...

how pretty....

Alice Wertz said...

such a beautiful background! love love the watercolor look. gorgeous card, Virginia!!

lenny said...

Beautiful!! It looks like Spring is in the air! Love your take on that inspiration photo!!

Petti said...

I can feel the spring now! (despite it's snowing outside)

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration photo! Love the water coloring--you rock at every technique!