Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sharing a Shaker Shape Card

Hello, there! How is your day going? I love creating (surprise!!) and I always look for ways to maximize the use of stamps whenever I can. Even though this set of stamps "Love Signs" was meant for Valentine's Day, it can be used for many various occasions throughout the year.
I am sharing a shape shaker card (say that three times fast!!!).you make me
I took out the Hexagon die cut (Lifestyles) and made 2-3 for the card base. Then I stamped inside with a simple message (From Fresh Squeezed Stamps) and some fun images (from LOL set by Hero Arts).  Edited: this card was featured CARDS Challenge

With the pattern paper, clear acetate and sequins, button, strings and 3D pop dots....done! After I made this card, I noticed Moxie Fab World is having a Hooked on Hexagon Challenge! So I am going to link this up and share! I am giving this card to my daughter Stephanie because the sentiment fits her PERFECTLY!

Reminder: please take 1 minute to vote for the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD on  this site (click "Kristin Brown" in #2 on the list). My daughter Stephanie co-founded this Mental Health Campaign with two classmates from her Master's program back in 2012. You can vote once every 24 hours til March 3! It's currently very behind in 3rd 4th place!!! If you are seeing this for the first time, details are here and here . I know Stephanie and her team really appreciate your BIG help (and so do I!!).
Thanks for stopping by!  

34 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous shaker card Virginia, what a fun shape and colours!!

sandie said...

Fab....and you must have been reading my mind as I have been thinking of trying to make my first Skaker card ever but still haven't got around to it. You are nudging me to do it!!

Niki G said...

Fun shaped shaker card! I voted again...I appreciate the reminder!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a fun card! Love those papers and all the different sequins, and of course the shape!

Jennifer said...

Fun, fun card! Love it!

Deepti said...

I love the hexagon shaker card u created and the perfection in the finish is mind blowing, I love those fun images ur stamped on the card base :)

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Fun! Love the colours!

Fresh Squeezed Stamps (Ryann) said...

Completely adorable, Virginia! I voted again - thanks for the reminder!

Robin K. said...

Such a fun card Virginia!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Such a cool shaker card! I voted again. Go Stephanie!

Laura B. said...

Adorable hexagon shaker!!! So cute!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is a cool shaker.. totally fun Virginia.. going to vote now.. :)

Pamela Maas said...

Love this card - it's so fun with bright colors and fab patterns!!

alexandra s.m. said...

awww...how fun!
I love it Virginia!!
Thank You~

Bethany Stellpflug said...

so lovely Virginia! I love the bright colors you used! :)

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card, Virginia! I love this idea for my granddaughter...thanks for sharing it with us!

I voted again (Thurs), and I'm off to vote again now....I've also asked my kids and other family members to vote, and I sure hope it helps!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous card Virginia.

joy said...

What fun! Love the shape and the colorful sequins.

Sheila H said...

Your card had great depth and colors, Virginia. The sentiment is so sweet. And I love the sequin :)

Pam said...

What a fabulous card! Such fun!

conil said...

Such a happy card...makes you smile just looking at it. Design, colors, everything Happy, Happy, Happy.

Karen said...

what a cool card Virginia...love the dp's you used and the sequins make it so fun!!

Nonni said...

So fun and joyful!

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a FUN Shaker card Virginia!!!

Vicki Shepherd said...

I love shaker cards, Virginia. The shape and the sequins are genius!

Barb said...

I'm finally getting caught up with my fave blogs! LOVE this fabulous card, V! The shape looks awesome and works so well with a shaker design! ♥

~amy~ said...

Gotta love a hexi shaker! fabulous!

jusaweecatnap said...

I have been dutifully voting for Kristen et al every day. Whoa. How did the frontrunners suddenly come up with sooooo many votes? All seems a bit too lopsided. Well, we tried. Your daughter is such a sweetheart, I just had to root for her.

Chris and Paige Evans said...

How cute is this card? I love the sequins in the shaker!!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING this!! Such a FUN idea and a GREAT way to use those Beautiful Sequins!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!, ;)

Cris G said...

This is (please choose):
Cute
Fun
Unique
Creative
Gorgeous
All of the above.
I'll go with the last one! :)

paperella said...

Oh Virginia, this is as cute as it gets! The patterned paper combination, the sequins, the cuadruple bow on top... everything works so perfectly together!!!

donna mikasa said...

Can I just tell you how awesome this is and how much I want to shake it??

teri said...

The love I have for this? Intense!
Fabulous card, Virginia!
Fabulous!

And thanks for linking up to the MFW Happy for Hexagons challenge! I'm always so happy to see your name in a comment, on a post, all that stuff. :)

Teri