Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sir Elton John's Video and...a favor!

As promised, I am sharing Sir Elton John's concert video from last Saturday

 My hands got a bit tired from the video-taping...it was hard to keep my hands steady during the concert! I picked this 4-minute video because it showed off the AWESOME lighting and I did a better job on videotaping this one. You get a sense of the concert by watching it. The sights and sounds are absolutely amazing!
(Virginia & Dr. John before the concert)

Lastly, I am sharing some exiting news about the mental health campaign that my daughter Stephanie co-founded with two classmates from her Master's program back in 2012. It was announced yesterday that Stand Up to Stigma has been selected as a TOP 10 FINALIST in the Council of Ontario Universities' Mental Health 2.0 social media contest!

It would be greatly appreciated if you could take 10 seconds to vote for the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD on this site (click "Kristin Brown" in #2 on the list). You can vote once every 24 hours til March 3! I am willing to provide daily reminders if you'd like one (haha!)

If chosen to be top three finalists for this contest (to win up to $1,500), the popularity prize would go a long way to helping these students further their initiative.

On behalf of my daughter Stephanie and the Stand Up to Stigma team, thank you in advance for the support!

20 comments:

Barb said...

You can count on me for a daily vote, Virginia! Please tell Stephanie congrats and good luck!! That is so awesome - you must be very proud!

Loved the video and the photo of you and John! So glad you enjoyed the concert - thanks for sharing a bit of it with us! ♥

Karen L K said...

I voted! Good luck to your daughter. Boy you are lucky to see Elton John in concert. I would love that. Thanks for sharing your video!

Lynn Mangan said...

I'm voting, voting, voting!

sandie said...

me too...voted and reminders would be good!!

Sheila H said...

Virginia, My husband and I saw Elton John many years ago in San Francisco. Thanks for sharing the video. I have voted for Stephanie and her friends, and will be happy to continue to do so. Love the picture of you and Dr. John, by the way :)

Stephanie K Lu said...

Thank you for your votes! I know that the entire "Stand Up to Stigma" team will be grateful for my Mom's blog and all her dedicated friends. =)

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! And good luck to Stephanie! I voted :)

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Thanks for the video Virginia! I loved it! And I voted! I read the project and it's fantastic, when I see young people trying to do good in this world gives me lots of hope in humankind and the future!Thanks
Stephanie.

conil said...

Thanks for a piece of the AWESOME Sir Elton...love him & his music. Hope you daughter & her classmates win this honor.

Barb Ghig said...

A huge congrats to Stephanie on her amazing achievement, Virginia! I'm sure you and Dr. John are so proud of her!!! I would 'love' a daily reminder...it's so important that we support her right now!

Well, I guess Sir Elton still 'has it'! I'm also glad he's out there touring, and sharing his talents, so that younger generations will know his music, too! Love the light show and venue, as well!

Thanks so much for sharing this post with us today...off to vote :-)

Niki G said...

Those look like some incredible seats! I voted and saw they are at the top. Gonna try to remember to vote everyday. Sounds like an amazing campaign.

Harriet said...

A reminder would be a help...I voted and wish them the best.

C Wu said...

Thanks for video. congrats on Stephanie. just voted.

Kath said...

He sure puts on a great show...knew you would love it...congrats to Steph...happy to vote xxx

Gerry said...

I love Elton John! Glad you enjoyed the show and thanks for posting the video. I live through your trips and experiences hehe. Also voting done! What wonderful children you have. Gerry

Cris G said...

Congratulations to Stephanie and her team! I've already voted and created a bookmark so I won't forget.
Thanks for the video. It must have been quite a concert... lucky you :)!

Robin K. said...

You must be so proud of your daughter!! I just voted and will continue to do so!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

looks fun (the concert) and congrats to Stephanie!

alexandra s.m. said...

I'm so happy you had a great time at the concert and thank You for sharing the link. I was more than happy to vote for your very smart and special DD ;)
(It's looking good thus far ;)

Laura B. said...

What a fabulous concert that must have been! I love his piano playing! Awesome picture of you two love birds:)