Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Blue Challenge from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

 This is my 3rd post for today!
For Runway Inspired Challenge, please click here.
 For Fresh Squeezed Stamps, please click here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extra, extra!
There is an exciting event for you over at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog. We are going to beat the winter blues by having a Blue Challenge! Any style from CAS to layer-licious is welcome! The challenge will end on Feb. 14. All you need to do is create a project with at least one CFS product, the color blue and it has to be NEW (not published prior to the start of the challenge)
 Oh...let's not forget the prize! It is pretty awesome...you have to check it out, the details are here!

Here is my take on the Blue Challenge.
you're the song in my heart
I always love Emboss Resist! And so that was what I did--white-embossed the music notes and applied all sorts of Distress Inks to achieve the gradient.

This challenge will run till Feb.14th, so you have plenty of time to play! I hope to see what you do with this challenge and be inspired! This fun challenge was my little brilliant idea...Can we expect more than 20 entries?  I am hoping to prove Michele wrong on this one since she anticipate that around 20 entries...Can you help me/us out!?

 Here are the views from my backyard...
Please help me beat the winter blue and join the challenge!
 Thanks so much for stopping by!

29 comments:

Lynn Mangan said...

Gorgeous views from your backyard Virginia. And...the embossing with the gold note and touch of twine is just as gorgeous!

Karen said...

sensational card mf...love it all...

keren said...

So gorgeous- love the ombre effect & the view out (despite being really cold I'm sure) is so beautiful. A clever card! x

Jingle said...

Virginia, this is so super pretty!!!

conil said...

Okay, you are definitely my "blue" hero. This card is just plain AWESOME. I'm super impressed with the way you made the ombre. Gorgeous.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

girl, this is so stunning!

sandie said...

Oh just gorgeous, love the sentiment curled like this and the emboss, resist is fab x

Greta said...

Loved this card when I saw it at CFS--one of my all-time favorites, Virginia! Thanks for giving Michelle the challenge idea--plan to play along. What a winter wonderland at your house--beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, my...this is really gorgeous, Virginia! I love how you blended the shades of blue to create a 'dreamy' effect and the gold musical note is stunning!

Thanks for sharing photos of you back yard...looks like a lovely winter wonderland!

donna mikasa said...

Love the partial ink distressing and that beautiful gold music note! And you have the most gorgeous back yard--a winter wonderland, indeed!

Harriet said...

Winter---Bah Humbug....but your card is super!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Virginia, totally beautiful! Jo x

Brenda said...

Awesome card Virginia, I love that Love Note!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Absolutely stunning!

Cat Craig said...

Virginia, this is G O R G E O U S !!!
The blue ombre and the gold fantastic.

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous card Virginia. Just love the ombré blue resist

Darnell J Knauss said...

Virginia, your winter views from your backyard are really beautiful, but your card, OMG, that is breathtaking! I'm pinning that immediately! I think your challenge is brilliant and I will do my best to play!! Hugs, Darnell

Annette Allen said...

totally gorgeous.. love how you added the color..

love all the snow.. we are sharing the same weather.. :)

Erin said...

AWESOME card, Virginia! Love the gradient look... and the blue is lovely!

Sheila H said...

Last week my Georgia yard looked far too similar to yours, Virginia. The emboss resist technique is so pretty - I love he musical notes and the blue inking. The wavy sentiment virtually sings :)

Sylvia Blum said...

Wow.. thanks for the pictures! Gorgeous view :)

Ohhhh.... and I just loooove your card! It's super adorable and the embossing resist looks amazing here!

Ich wuensche Dir einen schoenen Tag!
Sylvia xx

Loly Borda-Towery said...

My favorite color and paired with gold, awesome! LOve your card! TFS and fabulous pics from your backyard.

Dana said...

My jaw dropped when I saw this stunner Virginia. You never cease to astound and inspire me.

Deepti said...

This is stunning, love the perfection in design, inking and execution :) and love the winter blues from ur backyard !!

Rose said...

well i think this is a fantastic challenge idea!!! will try to play along tomorrow :) your card is fab!!!! burr!!! so glad that is your back yard and not mine! lol

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I'll help you beat the winter blues-- just come down here:) Sunshine most days!!! Yesterday it was 85! LOVE:)

LOVE this card-- love that heart music note! Anything with music and I'm a fan! LOOOOOVE that inking too with the sentiment going with the curve-- CLEVER! FAB card, Virginia:) Stay warm <3

Marybeth said...

This card is stunning Virginia! I knew I should have bought this stamp set as well .
Your view looks gorgeous to me. We have been blessed with lots of sunshine ...but I wouldn't mind snow for a bit.

Kelly Griglione said...

Awesome card, Virginia! That delicate bow matches the delicate die just perfectly!! And what a winter wonderland in your backyard too : )

Heather North said...

You card caught my eye right away and I had to CASE you. My card isn't exactly like yours, but you can see the influence you had on me. My entry is #28, so I think you won this bet. ;) Thanks for the fun challenge, your inspiration and the lovely winter shots of your home.