Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Card with Stars!

I am sharing a simple card with stars today. This idea was prompted by CARDS Challenge. I challenged myself to use the pattern paper (RSVP from Basic Grey). The stamped background was created with a Heidi Swapp stencil (half off at Michael's). I also used stamps ( paper-pieced stars) from Fresh Squeezed Stamps (Weather Through--it's now discontinued)
Gold be with you
  While deciding on the sentiment, I looked through my stash and found that the SRM Stickers (Faith sentiment) seemed to be perfect for this design. Since a Star is one of the celestial bodies, I think this sentiment reminds us of God's power.

 No matter where you are at in your life stages, we are all faced with everyday challenges and sometimes serious life issues. I hope this sentiment reminds you that "God be with You"! 

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Such an inspiring card and sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia this is so beautiful, such a whimsical design!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty, I love the sentiment and the little pearls in the sequins!

Bobby said...

The minute I saw the card I thought "I need this sentiment stamp" then found out it was a sticker. :( It's perfect with your starry card.

Maureen Morton said...

This layout is fabulous< Virginia! Perfect amount of sparkle and you are such a thrifty shopper!

Deepti said...

Lovely card :) I love the pattern paper stars on ur card and a very thoughtful sentiment !!

cm said...

....sighhhh....such a tranquil, pretty, uplifting card. Love x love everything about this card!
c

Cat Craig said...

powerfully sweet!

Sarah Gray said...

Love the way you have combined all of the elements on this card - it is gorgeous!

Niki G said...

Beautifully done! Awesome sentiment too.

Dawn Turley said...

What a delightful card Virginia. Not so simple by the sound of things but super pretty. Love the sentiment

Cindy C. said...

Thanks for sharing this brilliant card Virginia!

sandie said...

Great design VIrgina and yes the sentiment is perfect x

Tammy Nyenhuis said...

What a lovely card! I love stars!

conil said...

So very inspirational & lovely. Thanks for the reminder.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a lovely sentiment, Virginia! I love how you placed all of your stars, too...so pretty!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love those striped stars and the touch of shine from the sequins!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

How sweet is this?! I love the stars, especially on the gold thread!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty card...love the faith filled sentiment and the great stencil.

Shelly said...

Love this! Simply, perfect!

Wida said...

the STARS are awesome! stamped and die cut and faux stitched, all make a cool result!