Saturday, March 8, 2014

Inspired By Jen

Over at Virginia's View Challenge, we have our first guest design Jennifer Rzasa. Jen painted the butterfly ....isn't it stunning? For all the details of her card, be sure to visit here.
I was so inspired by her water-color butterfly card and decided to give it a go! I am not as talented and artistic as Jen, but that doesn't mean that I can't make a similar design.... :)011
With the help of this Penny Black Butterfly diecut (Delicate Wings), this design just came together so easily. I started out with a white piece of water-color paper and just created a background inspired by Jen's butterfly. 
After drying it with the heat gun (I was too impatient to wait for it to dry), I made the butterfly die cut. I used  a piece of vellum and did some ink splatter to add some interest.
 The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. At the end, I added the white strings and sequins...done!

 I hope that you check out my new challenge blog (if you haven't already) that was launched a week ago. The responses and feedback I received have been overwhelmingly positive! You probably can tell that I am still giddy about this whole thing... :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

19 comments:

Erin said...

Virginia, your version is gorgeous! Great card!

Lyndal said...

Jen's original and your CASE are both FABULOUS cards Virginia!

Vanessa said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Love your CASE with the ink splatters on vellum!

joy said...

Lovely cards - just watched Jen's video. Thanks for the link! And, congrats on the success of your new challenge blog, Virginia! I can see that it will be one of the most popular ones!!

Sheila H said...

Love your card, Virginia. The vellum looks wonderful with the splatters, twine and sequins. It's a gorgeous background for the colorful butterfly. Your CASE of Jennifer's beautiful card is outstanding.

conil said...

Your butterfly is lovely, especially with the vellum spattered mat.

Sue McRae said...

Love your use of ink splatter and thread on this card!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your take on Jen's butterfly, Virginia! Gorgeous colors, too!

Congrats on the huge success of your challenge blog! I love to stop by each day to admire everyone's submissions...so many gorgeous cards!

Bobby said...

Love the spattered background behind your equally lovely butterfly.

Petti said...

Pretty!

aileen (mum) said...

Now following both blogs thru Feedly. I am so enjoying all thr beautiful watercolour theme, its so what I love.

Robin K. said...

Stunning cards! I love the tangle of twine you added behind your butterfly!

lenny said...

Stunning!! Love the big water colored butterfly but the background is beautiful too. Love how you used the twine!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Gorgeous color on the butterfly and I love the sparkle/splatter/thread. Perfect!

donna mikasa said...

Ooh, I can see the inspiration from Jen's fabulous card! Your butterfly is gorgeous and I love the sequins, spatters, and thread--so fun!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Your take is gorgeous!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

WOW, simply gorgeous! I have my card for the challenge and am on my way to link it up!

Wida said...

the whole composition is exceptional. pinning

Wida said...

ACK it won't let me pin :(