Wednesday, March 12, 2014

More Water-coloring!

I hope you can bear with me to see another card with water-colors! Last Saturday, I played the Scramble Challenge over Hero Arts Flickr Group. The theme was to create a card mainly in neutral colours (white, cream, black, grey, kraft etc.) and that it has a dash of at least three other colors to it (details here) . This was my result.
happy Birthday
For the water-color background, I applied three Tim Holtz Distress markers on the surface (over the black-embossed image) and spritzed the surface with water. It's a shame that I only have those 3 Distress markers...The sentiment is from SRM Sticker. I used a piece of cork to add interest and textures.

 Have you played with water-colors? Virginia's View Challenge is still going on ( 5 more days to enter)!  This challenge blog took off beyond my wildest dream. From setting up to getting monthly sponsorship (who believe in me and this challenge blog), I can't believe how easily it all came together. Without your support, I am nowhere near what it is (232 amazing entries and counting ). 

I am working on next months' V. V. Challenge theme...here is a sneak peek!

edited:  I got a comment today over Facebook!!

"WOW! You have over 200 entries and yet took the time to not only comment on my blog but READ what I wrote!!!! Now THAT is AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks a ton!!!! You've made me a faithful! "
Thank you, Kelli Arkell Hull

My reply: "Thanks for the MOST encouraging comment. I try my best to give EVERY participant the well-deserved blog love. Since I can not give everyone a prize, this is the least I can do. And I do it with love and admiration. Your comment totally makes my day!" 

 Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Niki G said...

Love the mix of watercolor and cork! Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

Barb said...

Oooo, love that peek for the next challenge! And your card for Heather's scramble is so awesome, V! Love the colors you used for your watercolor effect - beautiful!

joy said...

More pretty watercolors, Virginia! It will be fun to see what the next challenge is.

lenny said...

FAB!! Love your watercoloring cards!! Love the little camera on that orangy background!
Oh ... and that strip of cork...wow!

cm said...

You've worked absolute magic with your 3 distress markers, Virginia! The orange is so eye-catching; a perfect background for your embossed camera and cork banner. So pretty! Your peek of the next challenge has caught my eye; I'm guessing tags...and if so, you'll hear me cheering across the miles (or rather, kilometers...).
c

Robin K. said...

You certainly made do with the 3 distress markers you have! Love the texture from the cork banner!

Linda R said...

Your watercoloring here looks awesome. LOVE this.

Hugs~

Debbie Carriere said...

This is so awesome, Virginia!!! Love the splash of orange. Congrats on your new challenge blog! I hope to make some time to play along :)

~amy~ said...

love this card to pieces...awesome cork sentiment and the smidge of starts...perfection.

You are awesome and I always love receiving comments from you! Your challenge is wildly successful because of how genuinely kind & thoughtful you are!

Karen said...

What a fun card. I am so happy and excited to find your new blog and how successful it has been. There are so many fab cards to inspire and I try and check it out everyday!
thanks for all the fun.
hugs,
K

Sheila H said...

I have 15 Distress Markers, and I can't come close to creating what you do with the markers. This card pops - love the bright orange with the black embossing. I like the cork - it ties in with the kraft card base.

conil said...

Nice mixture of neutrals and color, the cork is a great addition...that camera is awesome.

Shelly said...

Love this! The colors are awesome! And at least you have 3 distress markers...I have none! lol And the piece of cork is a lovely touch! :)