Monday, March 3, 2014

Paper Crafter's Library-Guest Design

 First of all, a HUGE thank-you for the most enthusiastic fantabulous amazing response for Virginia' View Challenge #1!  In fact, the response is so overwhelming, I decided that this challenge blog needs a NEW BLOG all on its own (see here)! With the new blog, I felt that we can have more guest features throughout the month and keep everyone inspired. Please sign up and follow through Blogger, Bloglovin, e-mail, Google Plus! You will then have access to Virginia's View Challenge-- 24/7 without missing a single post!

I am so thrilled that you love to be part of this fun challenge. I will keep the new challenge blog on the top right side bar for your easy reference. Please keep your projects coming! The best thing about this challenge is we can all share and learn from each other! Better yet, I have our first guest designer sharing her project soon! Wait till you see her amazing waterworks  water-coloring works! I promise that you will be seriously inspired! So stay tune :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now back to the normal schedule....
In case you miss it...here is my post about the guest design work over Paper Crafter's Library.
Here is a project that I specially made for this guest feature. I know, there are tons of beautiful pattern paper and gorgeous ready-made stationary out there already. BUT nothing makes a paper crafter more satisfied than to make your own fancy schmancy stationary note card/paper, right?

My Project: create your own stationary set
I had incorporated the latest trend (water-coloring) in today’s project. This handmade stationary set was fun and easy to create.  Here is a simple photo tutorial.
2014-01-312
1-3 Apply Distress Inks on acrylic block. Pick up the ink from the blocks with the water brush and apply colors to paper. Let dry.
2014-01-313
4-5:  After the water-brushed colors are dry, stamp the flower images in assorted Distress Inks
6:  Cut up the stamped paper, card stock and gold paper strips.2014-01-314 
7: Add a touch of dry embossed details to the bottom of the design
8: Use Gold Stickles to decorate the tiny embossed flowers
9: Assemble
2014-01-31
Supplies: Stamp (AC037, Forever by Hero Arts), Tim Holtz Distress inks ( Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemon, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Dusty Concord, Victorian Velvet, Fired Brick) by Ranger, Tim Holtz Detailer Water Brush by Ranger, gold strip of paper and card stock (Michael’s), Embossing Folder (Just My Type) by Provo Craft, Rangers Stickles (Champagne), Water color paper (Royal Langnickel, 108.1 LB), Acrylic Blocks

I hope today’s project inspires you to create an unique and sophisticated stationary set! Thank you for your wonderful feedback over Paper Crafter's Library. I enjoy reading each one of the comments.
Thanks for stopping by! 

17 comments:

Barb said...

I loved seeing this set the other day and am happy to be viewing it again! It is just gorgeous, Virginia! Such soft, pretty colors! :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous tutorial!!!

Nonni said...

Beautiful! I definitely want to try.

joy said...

What fun! This stationery set would be the greatest gift for anyone, Virginia!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Beautiful! Love the idea of making your own stationary.

Sheila H said...

Nice tutorial, Virginia :). It's great that you've started a new challenge blog!

Betty said...

thanks for reminding me about making a "master sheet" and then cutting it up to make a card set and watercoloring it is such a great idea.

diana said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing this tutorial. ;-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Loved your feature the other day, love seeing it again here, love your new challenge blog and hmmm...I love Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are really gorgeous, Virginia! Thank you so much for the photo tutorial...and for all the work you put into your new Challenge Blog! I'm looking forward to all the fun posts!

alexandra s.m. said...

Splendid work my Friend!
Thank You~

donna mikasa said...

I was wondering how you got the breezy effect! Thanks for a great tutorial on an awesome technique!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What an elegant set of cards!

cm said...

First, thank you SO MUCH for starting a new challenge blog; you're a hit already! Second, this stationary set is absolutely gorgeous! If I had a set like this, I guarantee it would be well-loved (and likely hoarded *grin*). Thank you so much for the tutorial!
c

Rose said...

beautiful stationary set and thanks for the fab tut!!! :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

HOLY WOW! These are gorgeous, I love all the elements! Thank you for the tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

I have come to the conclusion that you don't sleep. Holy smokes!! Gorgeous, gorgeous stationary, Virginia!