Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge #55

Hello, gorgeous!
 Welcome to Runway Inspired Challenge
Our sponsor: Simon Says Stamps
 

 Isn't this dress stunning? I would not dare to attempt to wear something like this, but I sure can make a card inspired from this runway photo!

 I took the glitzy and metallic inspiration and just ran with it....here is my interpretation.Many Thanks
I used stencil (Night Flower) with the darkest Distress Inks that I have to create the image. And then I turned the stencil at a slight angle and did some silver embossing (with the help of an embossing stick like this one here). The silver embossing powder that I have is rather coarse. In turn, it gives the card a textured look. I added a strip of silver paper with SRM Sticker, this card is almost there. 
 For the final touches, I added my own black quilled circles and sequins. It feels GREAT to have the idea and execution coming together as you had envisioned!

Be sure to check out my design team mates work and be prepared to be wowed (see here).
Aga / Jennifer/ Joni / Kristen / Mayuri / Taheerah/ Tasnim/ Pamela/ me (Virginia) 
 
 I hope this inspires you to play the challenge! I can't wait to see what you create! Thanks for stopping by! 

36 comments:

Tasnim said...

Virginia, this card is SO gorgeous!!! Absolutely love the flower, wow!

Barb Ghig said...

This is so elegant, Virginia! I love how you stamped your flower...so sparkly and lovely, and your quilled circles are amazing! I love the sentiment, too...this card is a real WOW!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!
Love your take!!

Barb said...

I saw this over on Flickr but love it even more now that I see the inspiration photo. It's so beautiful, V! It's the perfect interpretation of that gorgeous dress!

Gabi MeWi said...

So elegant - gorgeous.

yyam said...

Oh wow. This is gorgeous Virginia! I can totally see the dress on your card! :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

You captured the look of the dress - stunning!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Stunning Virginia! Your choice of stencil was spot-on and I love the combination of the metallic paste with your quilled flowers! Gorgeous!

candlesinthegarden said...

Stunning, just stunning Virginia - the double layering of one image creates such wonderful texture. Love.It!

Lynn Mangan said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! So elegant Virginia!

Karen said...

wow...awesome card and so well done.
It is a happy day when what you see in your head comes out on the paper just right!
hugs mf.

Annette Allen said...

absolutely stunning Virginia..

Robin K. said...

Wowzers Virginia! Stunning card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! So rich and elegant!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Wow! Luxurious, unique, elegant! Love it. TFS

Charlene B. said...

Super classy! Virginia,your card is definitely red carpet ready.

conil said...

Just elegant. Beautifully executed.

Sue McRae said...

Love the elegance of this card!

natashakara said...

WOW! You nailed this one. I love the quilled flowers, they add such a pretty touch of class.

Harriet said...

Virginia.....your card is so lovely.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is stunning Virginia! Just wowza! The glitter really adds so much! :)

Shelly said...

Such a STUNNING card!!! Love!

donna mikasa said...

Glitzy and dazzling at the same time! I just love the shine and those quilled flowers are DIVINE!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh....Virginia! Wow! Wow.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Beautiful, Virginia!

Sheila H said...

Your card has lots of sparkle and flair, Virginia. The embossing, quilling, silver paper and the sticker are dazzling. This is one amazing card.

Bobby said...

Wow! This is totally amazing and elegant. So like the inspiration.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

It's always great when cards come out the way you imagined! I'm loving your little quilled accents! :)

Laura B. said...

absolutely stunning card!!!

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a FABULOUS creation!!! Love this so much :)

PStanley said...

Virginia, this is stunning!!! I love that flower :)

Petti said...

Great design!

cm said...

Your card is as sleek, sophisticated and stunning as the dress! WOW!!!
c

Katie Ann Brooks said...

WOWZA! I love the glitter and the panel that the sentiment is on is to die for!

SueB said...

such an elegant card; thanx for the inspiration!

Manuela said...

your card is so georgeous, love the quilled circles