Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Use That Gel Pen!

I am continuing to share my class work from the CAS Class. I was inspired by my Runway Inspired Challenge team mate Tasnim! She is one of the guest designers for this class. Tasnim's video in this class reminded that I should definitely get those gel pens out to play. I have let the gel pens sit in my pen holder and collect dust. I almost never used them!

I didn't quite apply my techniques like Tasnim did. But I did take out the stamps set that Tasnim designed herself and use. that. gel. pen.  By the way, you can see another stamp that she designed here. Tasnim's rose set is a three- step stamping and has so much depth and details. With the gel pen, it definitely highlights the petals and adds a wow factor to this one layer card.

sending love
The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps. I stamped the images all in distress inks ( Velvet Victorian, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berry and Fresh Lawn). I used red, green and silver glitter gel pens that I have. This card looks slightly better in person, but you get the idea :)
Thank you, Tasnim, for the stamp set and inspiration! You are SO talented!

I have a card to share over Virginia's View Challenge. Can you guess what technique I used?
Here is a sneak peek.
Thanks for stopping by!

37 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

what an amazing card Virginia! and that white background sets it off so perfectly!
Thank You~

Jennifer said...

Virginia this is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is just perfect. Love your card!

Barb said...

What a pretty clean and simple card! The technique is executed perfectly, my friend! So gorgeous! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

What a gorgeous card. I don't have that stamp but have one that has given me an idea. Lovely card Virginia.

Barb Ghig said...

"Wow Factor" is an understatement! Your rose is absolutely gorgeous, Virginia! I love all the detail and the lovely colors you chose for this card...Very pretty!!!

Off to check out Viginia's View!

Craft-E-Place said...

Stunning simply stunning! What a beautiful card.
Elaine

Meg said...

THis is so beautiful - it really stood out in the gallery!

Lynn Mangan said...

Absolutely beautiful Virginia! Love how you used the inspiration from the class. PS I posted a card today for your challenge...woops! day late!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous!!! LOVE the colors and what a great technique! I am embarrassed to say that I am behind in the class and haven't had a chance to watch this one yet, but hoping to tonight!

joy said...

Lovely CAS card. Pretty stamp, too.

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is gorgeous! I haven't even started that class yet.

Cindy C. said...

Just gorgeous!!

Shelly said...

Love this! The gel pen really adds a nice 'punch' to the card! :)

Lin said...

Simple and sweet! Beautifully done, Virginia!

~amy~ said...

Love this....awesome use of the gel pens.

conil said...

Haven't tried this technique yet but yours looks incredible. I'm a little behind on homework.

lenny said...

WOWZERS ..... SO STUNNING!! That flower looks so beautiful on that white background!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia.

Miriam Prantner said...

Stunning! Love the gel pen accents!

Laura Jane said...

Lovely rose Virginia! Love those multi-step stamps:)Amazing how a single red rose can take your breath away!
I'm guessing alcohol inks for the next V.V. challenge.

Petti said...

Beautiful!

Dotty Jo x said...

Wow Virginia, your cards is just gorgeous! Jo x

Tracey McNeely said...

Gee Virginia your card is so gorgeous, off to check out your technique.

Bobby said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous rose.

Laura B. said...

love, love, love that single rose! Tasnim is so talented! You used her set to perfection!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Very Pretty...great use of the gel pen!

Robin K. said...

What a gorgeous card! The shimmer from the gel pen is such a special detail!

Kathy said...

Stunning stunning BC!!! Loving your challenge!!! Hope we can catch up soon. Hugs :)

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous stamping.. i love the single flower..

Sheila H said...

Beautiful - love how you used the pens!

donna mikasa said...

The texture on your petals and leaves is amazing! Love the clean and simple design, too. You're rockin' the class, Virginia!

Greta said...

I'm almost never happy with my 1 layer attempts, but I really love your rose card, Virginia!

Aimes said...

Simply stunning! :)

Sarah Gray said...

Love that rose - as you say, it has beautiful depth! Great CAS design, Virginia :)

Tasnim said...

Virginia, this card is truly stunning! I feel so honored that you used a stamp designed by me, and a technique that I shared in the class! Love the gel pen details! it gives the rose a whole new look :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Oh my, so lovely!

cm said...

Truly stunning! A card with impact, indeed!
c