Monday, April 7, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release (Day 1)

 
Welcome to CAS-ual Fridays April new release! This Fri-dies called Stalk up is a matching set for Beanstalk. I love the fine details of these dies! There is very little you need to do to make it look fancy...you know what I mean? 
with Love
I used Basic Grey pattern paper and did some die cut first. I colored the stamps in TH Distress Inks. Then I fit the stalks back to the spots like a puzzle. So the surface is smooth! I stamped the sentiment at the top right corner and added some faux stitching. 

Hope you check out the new designs from my team mates (here) and be sure to leave a comment over CAS-ual Fridays Stamps for a chance to win the new stamps/Fri-Dies!

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super fun!

Lin said...

April showers bring ....... Love this combination, V!

Barb said...

Love the mix of patterns and colors, V! Darling card! ♥

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card! Love all the colors and patterns...simply, wonderful! :)

conil said...

Don't know how you manage to make it look cohesive & lovely at the same time. I find mixing patterns difficult...you make it look easy.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the inset dies and the dimension on the top of the stalks.

Joni nina Andaya said...

Oh so love that die-cut!!! Fabulous card Virginia :)

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with your inlaid die cuts, Virginia! The colors are so pretty with the patterned paper...such a pretty card!

Annette Allen said...

yay for new release.. this is too cute..

Deepti said...

This is so fun!!

Sheila H said...

Those die cuts are too cute, Virginia. Your DP is colorful and well matched. This is a fun card.

Dawn Turley said...

Just gorgeous Virginia. Such pretty colours.

donna mikasa said...

Love the inlaid leaves! Great way to minimize bulk on your card. A great pairing with the patterned papers, too!

cghundley said...

Super fun card,
great colors and
love the background
paper.
Carla from Utah

sharrilou said...

Love this die and your card. I'm such a sucker for leaves.

cm said...

I'll join the others: FUN card, Virginia! The raindrops, the growing 'stalks', the promise of spring - it's all so cheerful (as I look out the window to see the snow STILL falling...). Fabulous!
c