Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Iron Craft Challenge (Inspiration 1)

Hi there! I am popping in to share a card that I made for Iron Craft Challenge.
Chaitali is the hostess of this creative and inspiring fun blog called " Cuts, Crops and Creativity"! She is into her 2nd season as she started out with 5 video interviews with some of my favorite and talented card-maker/ bloggers!

With each of the guests, Chaitali picked out 5 themes for the challenge. I plan to tackle all of them. Here is No. 1. The inspiration came from Julie Ebersole's  interview.  It's all about latest TRENDS- watercolors, stencils and dies are the top 3.
Trends 
With that and the inspiration photo in mind, I came up with this...
thank you
About this card: 
 ~the polka dots background was created with Heidi Swapp stencil, Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste (mixed with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink)
~the heart dies were created with CAS-ual Fri-Dies (see here) with pink vellum and paper
~The flowers were punched out from watercolor paper with a Stampin' Up punch
~gold is another trend that I love, so I added the gold strings and gold-embossed the sentiment
~let's not forget the Washi tape and sequins!

 I am hoping to do all 5 challenges from Chaitali's inspiration. Let's see if I make it before the deadline! Let the fun begin!
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cool card, just check out this challenge..looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn Turley said...

awesome Virginia. Just how you got all the trends on one card is inspiring.

Lynn said...

Fabulous...way to rock the trends Virginia.

~amy~ said...

Ooooohhhh....lovely.

Sheila H said...

I love all the beautiful and artistic details of your card, Virginia. It's eclectic and gorgeous.

Carol McCready said...

Love all those layers.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this! That bright flower element with the gold thread, wonderful!

alexandra s.m. said...

wow! Fabulous and so rich in so many techniques which you all master perfectly!
It's the Virginia Touch!!
Thank you~

conil said...

Soooo pretty and feminine. Reminds me of Ms. Ebersole. Lovely. You're the one to beat.

Linda R said...

Looks so pretty. You did fabulous my friend.

Hugs~

Lin said...

Love your design, Virginia! I can't believe all the trendy trends you got on here!

Chaitali Narla said...

OMG you captured ALL the trends in one card!!! Its like a mini painting! Very frame-worthy! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge!!

Bobby said...

That's quite a goal you have there. I saw all the videos and loved getting to know the designers. I hope I get time to make cards for the challenge. Yours, with ALL the trends, is fabulous.

Barb Ghig said...

Stunning work of art, Virginia! I love the color combo and all the beautiful details on this card...WOW!!!
You're so brave to tackle that entire board, but I know you will do some amazing things...can't wait to see everything!

keren said...

You've managed to combine seemingly disparate elements and bring them together to make a wonderful eclectic yet unified card. Just lovely! x

Laura B. said...

Such a beautiful color combo! Love how you colored the embossing paste!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

love the really "freestyle" look this has Virginia!