Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Local Scrapfest

 April 12, Scrapfest in Kitchener, Ontario
I live half hour away from this two-day paper-crafting convention. It is held yearly and is very popular in my province of Ontario.  I have been attending this event almost every year since 2009. I happen to visit one of the store booths called Stamplicity. A few weeks ago, Michele asked us Girl Fridays over CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to send out a few cards for this exhibition. So I did! In this video, you can see the display cards from me and my design team mates at the the booth. It was really fun and satisfying. I got to tell my local stamping friends about it and show them off, too!


 Stamplicity owner Brenda and her team put a lot of work into setting up the booth. The demo/Make and Take was excellent and well-received. I bought two Wink of Stella pens from them and I can't wait to use those pens that I have been hearing so much about....! 

 Owner of Stamplicity Brenda and Virginia.
 As you can tell, the set-up was very prominent and it was the only booth that was doing stamp and diecut demo/Make and Take. I wish I had the close-up of the card sample that they made. It was GORGEOUS!....but you get the idea :)
 While I was busy checking out the other booths, I also met up with my two Canadian Girl Fridays Challenge DT--Ardyth and Tracey! This is our 2nd time together. Three hours flew by so very quickly! We had lots of fun browsing the stores and did some shopping!
I also met Karen Dunbrook ! Karen is a talented stamper living in my city and is a now a frequent participant in Virginia' View Challenge!
I am looking forward to more craft time today. Now that I have new inks and supplies, I can't wait to get inky. Enjoy your Sunday!

27 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Looks like you girls had a great time! Jo x

rcwidow (Linda) said...

How fun!

Lynn said...

What a wonderful day Virginia!

Sheila H said...

I'm so glad you got some Wink of Stella pens, Virginia. I love mine :) Crafting with friends just adds to the fun, doesn't it?!

Helen F. said...

Oh how fun to meet up with crafty friends at such a cool event. You look like you are having a great time ~~ wish I was closer :-)

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Such fun - especially with fellow stampers and DT members. Lucky ladies.

Annette Allen said...

yay for scrapfest..glad you had a great time..

Lin said...

So fun to see these pretty faces - looks like a good time was had by all!

Happy Dance said...

Sounds like you all had a marvelous time! Friends, shopping, crafting... is there anything better?! (Well, maybe if wine and chocolate were added....lol!)Have a great week. Bev

~amy~ said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

joy said...

Great display of the cards and the stamps, too. I always love to do make and takes at crafting events. Thanks for the video and the photos, too, Virginia!

Ginny said...

Oh how fun!!! So glad you had this opp'y to attend and meet up with fellow stamp pals! And how awesome to have your cards and other Girl Friday's cards on display!! Sounds like a great day.

Kelly Griglione said...

You lucky duck, you!! How awesome to meet up with Ardyth and Tracey, and spend all day buying cool stuff!! Thanks for giving us a peek into the booth, so fun seeing all the CAS-ual Fridays sets : )

Niki G said...

How fun! It would be a dream to meet up with fellow bloggy friends!

donna mikasa said...

It's always fun to meet up with crafty blogging friends! How lucky to meet up with Ardyth and Tracey again, and Karen, too! Can't wait to see how you used your goodies!

Pamela said...

Sooo awesome that you can meet up with all these people :D

Dawn Turley said...

what fun Virginia. All the cards are fabulous and how awesome to catch up with your crafty buddies.

lenny said...

How fun!!!
It's so awesome to meet crafty peeps!!!

Arlene said...

What a fun event. Happy day!

conil said...

Someday I'm going to go to one of these events. Looks like so much fun. Those card samples were terrific. Glad that you enjoyed the day.

Tracey McNeely said...

It was such a fun and fabulous day my friend!

Bobby said...

How wonderful that you got to meet up with Ardyth and Tracey. I'm sure you all had a terrific time.

Barb Ghig said...

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks so much for sharing the video and pics with us...I'm sure it was great fun to meet up with your 'Stamping Friends'!

Karen said...

Great to see you there my friend...just wish I could have stayed longer and shopped with all of you.
I ended up going home and getting an abscessed tooth that went into the roof of my mouth...oh goodie!
Happy stamping,
Karen

Katie Ann Brooks said...

lucky girl! Looks fun!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Ooh..VERY COOL!!! So Lucky :)

cm said...

Looks like so much fun!! Where is that Star Trek transporter when I need it?? For the photos and video: thank you! More happy...
c