Monday, April 21, 2014

Scramble Challenge (Paper-piecing)

Hello! I am popping in to share a card that I made for Hero Arts Flickr Groups Scramble Challenge
(details here). The challenge is to complete a card within 90 minutes (including taking photo and uploading a card). The theme is paper-piecing!

 I chose a stamp set (So Kind) that was easy to cut and assemble.
 
 I love pattern paper and could never use enough of them, so I jumped at the chance to play with Basic Grey's RSVP collection. My idea of making it into a quilt-like design came quickly, so I had plenty of time to do hand-stitching. See the white threads? They are hand-stitched!
thanks for everything
I find it hard to use RSVP pattern paper, but this challenge gave me a push and I actually love what I made! Also, there is a new wrap-up post over Virginia's View about the stencil challenge. You can check it out here.

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Romaine said...

I hope to play! Love the colours in the papers, Virginia!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so fun! I love how you stamped the diamonds in green, and your hand stitching is one of a kind! I'm inspired to try that!

Niki G said...

Love how you made all that pattern paper work for you and hand-stitching?!? Perfect touch!

keren said...

What a beautiful card- I can see how that paper might be challenging- but you've cracked it! Love the idea of the 90minutes. With our broadband it might be a struggle 😉! x

Brenda said...

Virginia this is exquisite, I love the colourful papers!

Sheila H said...

You out those lovely papers to good use, Virginia. Love your hand stitching :)

Lynn said...

You rocked the patterned paper and your hand stitching is perfection!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia.

Laura Jane said...

I DO see the hand-stitching! Great job taking a this stamp set to a new level of LOVELY and femininity. On another note, I found a fun video on watercolor and alcohol.. I pinned it to my mixed media know how board..I think you would enjoy it too.

Harriet said...

Virginia you have out done yourself...looks like a quilt, love your choice of papers. Excellent.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful card, love the paper choices from the pad and love the underlining with the stitching.

Bobby said...

I love your card but then I'm a sucker for pattern paper, too.

Carol McCready said...

Very fun card. Love your paper choices.

Jennifer said...

oh...gorgeous card Virginia! Love your stitching and paper piecing!

~amy~ said...

Looks FABulous!

Shelly said...

AWESOME card! Love it!

Piali Biswas said...

Gorgeous card!! Love teh patterns you chose!!

Laura B. said...

Love, love, love those stitches!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love the patterned papers you chose for this card! Such a great geometric design and your stitching is the perfect touch!

Carole x said...

love this, a patchworker would be jealous x