Sunday, April 27, 2014

Something from Nothing...

Hello! Today's card was from all the discarded parts. In my attempt, I put them together and re-created a decent one, I think. It's hard to tell that all these elements were unwanted parts at one point.
"Make. it. work!" as Tim Gunn would say....
Thank you
~the card base was a reject from a previous project (it covered up by white card stock) 
~the thank you sentiment was a die cut from my random water-color paper (that didn't go as planned)
~the added bow is a cover-up because tiny part of the diecut was cut off

 So when you see your discarded elements sitting on your craft desk, just try and make something out of nothing....you will be surprised what you can do. Use it as an exercise! Why not!? I think this card had a re-birth and is now good to go!

On a side note, over last week while visiting my in-laws in Ottawa, I received this huge packed box of Stampin' Up goodies!
 I am so blessed to have a sister-in-law who totally gets my stamping addiction. Florence got this box for me from a charity auction!!! She bid it just for me! You've got to love a sister who does great deeds (wink), right?!

Today we are moving our son David to Toronto. He is starting a summer term co-op job!! My little "baby" is going to live in a city jungle all by himself! I hope that he will have a great experience gaining some independence and job skills. I know our house will be a little quiet now....Thank goodness we are only one and half hour away :)

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Great card it just goes to show that something good can appear from rejects! Great stash as well - I too am lucky enough to have a sister as a sister-in-law!
Elaine

Dotty Jo x said...

Lovely card, so pretty! Jo x

Cindy C. said...

Great use of the "discarded parts", turned out to be a gem!!

Wishing you a great day, and the very best of your David!

Lin said...

Virginia, I adore this sweet heart with the bow, so charming!
Another bittersweet day for you and David; I'm sure he'll excel there this summer!

conil said...

I'd say, you really did make it work...Incidentally, wish I had a sister who'd bring me craft supplies. Lovely. Aren't you going to miss your David's baking...and him, of course?

Barb said...

Do I ever love that card, V! Awesome how you saved all the scraps and turned them into something beautiful!

What a big, fun box of goodies - lucky you! And I hope David enjoys this new adventure in his life! Makes it a bit easier on you when it's not TOO far away. Hugs! ♥

sandie said...

So good to use up stash and to make such a gem of a card! And you have to love your sister! Hope the move of your son goes well x

Carol McCready said...

Great card.
You have one fantastic sister-in-law.

keren said...

Oooh on every count. Lovely gorgeous card. Reject? You'd never guess. What a SIL! Mine wouldn't really know what I liked! and aww about moving David. I'm sure he'll be just fine (apart from missing your cooking!!) x

joy said...

A wonderful save from your rejected parts, Virginia! I love the blended watercolors. What a sweet surprise to receive that big box of goodies.

David will definitely be testing his wings during this summer adventure - good luck to him!!

Sheila H said...

Your card is a real winner, Virginia. I love how you turned discarded scraps into a lovely, colorful and fun card. Best wishes to David as he continues to grow and learn. Can't wait to see what you create with your new craft goodies :)

Brenda said...

That card is awesome Virginia and I love your colours! Lucky you with all that SU stuff, they make such high quality items. Wishing David the best of luck with the move!

Lynn said...

Virginia, your card is divine and look at all those awesome goodies! Thinking of you and hoping that David's move goes super well. I'm sure he'll be awesome!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! Would never have known it was made from scraps! I wish I had a sister in law like you, that's some great stuff!!!! Hope the move went well too!

Stef H said...

stunning card. you have some pretty cool scraps!!!!

Linda R said...

What a great way to save a scrap. Looks great. And that sure does look like a box of fun my friend.

Hugs~

Annette Allen said...

what a great sister in law.. what an awesome package.. Oh your son is moving.. I am sure it is hard but I bet you are so proud.

This card is gorgeous.. Love the sentiment in the heart..

Barb Ghig said...

Tim Gunn would be very proud of you for what you've created, Virginia! I love all the soft colors and how you managed to use bits and pieces from other projects...such a gorgeous card!

And, what an amazing sister-in-law you have!!! Looks like you're going to have lots to play with for a long time to come!

~amy~ said...

Such a beautiful card...the colors are absolutely lovely! the bow, so very sweet.

Check out that box 'o goodness..yay!

Wahooooo for toronto! Good for your boy!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love it! AND your package is great!