Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A very quick (and BRIGHT) card!

A while ago, I joined the fun Scramble challenge hosted by Cat Over Hero Arts Flickr Group (details here). I thought I would share the card here today.

 I used Today's Special (K5898). This stamp was inked up for the first time! I made this super bright card since it was a rainy and grey day here.
ENJOY

I used a bit of water-coloring, and then I added ribbons, Basic Grey paper (Fresh Cut) and sequins.  This card took me about half hour to make. I spent much of the time looking for my water mister and then the tape runner was not working (grrrr!!).  Can you believe that the stamped image was the least work of all? Yup, with three generous swipe of Distress Ink ( Salty Ocean, Ripe Persimmon and Picked Raspberry) and a few spritz of water....stamp, done! The blue dotted lines are faux stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Very pretty colours Virginia.

Sheila H said...

So bold and bright, Virginia, and lots of fun. Your color combo rocks. The DP and bow perfectly balance and enhance the stamping.

Annette Allen said...

the color on this is amazing.. I totally love this.. You have been rolling out some awesome color combos..

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oohhhhh so pretty and happy!

Barb Ghig said...

I love all the bright, bold colors you chose for this card, Virginia! So fun!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So bright! Love the multicolored inking on the stamp and that bright bright seam binding!

keren said...

Wow- so gorgeously bright and happy. That bow is stunning! Love it.

lenny said...

Loooove bright cards!! :)
Great color combo!!! Love the big bow!! :)

Shelly said...

LOVE this! So very sweet! I'd say 30 mins well spent! ;)

Petti said...

Such a bright and cheerful card!

Cris G said...

I completely understand you, Virginia. Sometimes supplies join their dark forces against us... believe me, I know :). Fortunately you managed to end up with a unharmed and happy card. Love that stamp and your bright coloring.
On a different register, thanks for being the kind and sweet person you are. In fact I already have a blog, it just isn't working yet, but I'll be very honored and happy to have you as a follower :o. Thanks, Virginia!

Jennifer said...

Great colors and card Virginia! Hate when I can't find tools...usually means I need to clean up haha!

Lynn said...

The least amount of work but absolutely beautiful Virginia.

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia this is just so awesome! Such a cool technique! yes when it rains it pours--like tonight, did you get the storm? Did you get the Fresh Cut Basic Grey at Scrapfest, I think I remember you looking at it?

alexandra s.m. said...

How fun!
I've got to give it a go!
Thanks Virginia!!

Deepti said...

Love the multicolored inking on this one !!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

ooh love how bold the colors are! :D

cm said...

Perfect card to brighten anyone's grey day! Vibrant and so much fun!!
c