Saturday, May 10, 2014

Another Handwriting Challenge

I am popping in for another entry for the Handwriting Challenge over Moxie Fab World. This card is an extended idea/creation from the previous post (see here). 

I managed to remember to take a photo during the faux stitching process. From this photo, you can see how I came about to create this design.
 About the faux stitching: I used the red ruler ( which I bought in some old supply store sale many years ago) to sketch out the curvy lines and then pierced holes with a paper-piercer....I then just connected the dots, voila!

Here is the final result
Many Thanks

This butterfly was created with Gelatos, water, and Penny Black Butterfly diecut. The pink hearts were made with a stencil and white embossing paste (mixed with Picked Raspberry distress ink).

There still lots of time to enter the Virginia's View Challenge! The "stitching" in this card took me about 5 minutes to create!  Got 5 minutes?  Give faux-stiching a try, if you haven't already!
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card - your ideas are rolling out one after the other!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful! That stitching really makes it special!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the faux stitching on this card! Off to find that super fun ruler~

Tasnim said...

This card is STUNNING!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love the two cards based on the technique et I enjoy your "during" pictures so so much! Please continue to include them as often as you can...so inspiring!!
Thank You my Friend and from the bottom of my heart: Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so gorgeous, dearie!!! :)

Lynn said...

Wow! Fabulous Virginia! I love the gold sentiment too.

Shelly said...

OH.MY.WORD!!!...Simply, STUNNING Virginia! LOVE.IT.

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning Virginia. The stitching is awesome.

lenny said...

Beautiful!!
Love the bright colors and the gold embossing and those stitched lines are also fun!!!

Sheila H said...

Love the faux stitching!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Gorgeous!!! Really love the butterfly background :)

Cris G said...

Love how you create your stencils, Virginia. Your stitching seems very real to me... add the right amount of movement to your card.

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome card, Virginia! It has the best of 'all worlds'...inking, stenciling, embossing and stitching...the total package of amazing all on one card!

Laura B. said...

This is so cool! Love how you used the die cut as a stencil!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

So very cool, Virginia! I am catching up on your amazing cards.

cm said...

So, so beautiful...your butterfly is causing me to swoon...serious swooning...
c