Monday, May 5, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release (Day 1)

   

Welcome to the CAS-ual Fridays New release (Day 1)! I have been having so much fun with the new stamp set called Big Treble and a matching Fri-Dies called Treble Clef!
I decided to stamp the Treble Clef in colorful inks to create subtle borders. I think this is a perfect way to showcase the wonderful sentiment that comes with this set! I think the sentiment is so heartfelt and true. My childhood friend Judy and I used to sing hymns on our own in our junior high school days. We often finished each others' phrases as we sang along when one of us forgot the lyrics....This sentiment really brings back those tender and sweet moments!

I have a super CAS one with a cool take on this stamp set and Fri-Dies
forget your trebles
 With the Basic Grey paper (Knee High), this card was super easy to create. I stamped the Treble Clef and let the stamped image show through the diecut. With the striking pattern paper, there is little left to do!

 What do you think? I think I am in love with these stamp set and dies! Please be sure to check out my talented DT mates' creations with this new stamp and Fri-Dies (see  here)

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Karen said...

love your cards....great colours...fun layouts...

Sheila H said...

Your cards are beautifully designed, Virginia. The border around the sentiment is delightful. And your use of the die and patterned paper just pops. Your cards are real standouts :)

~amy~ said...

such AWESOME projects Virginia! REALLY love the 2nd one!

alexandra s.m. said...

so striking my Friend!

Harriet said...

Beautiful, Virginia, you have outdone yourself!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Hi Virginia! I've been waiting patiently to tell you how much I love your cards for this set!! The border you made for the first one is so creative, and the "wow" punch on the second one is enormous! The tiny peek of the stamp showing through the space you left is super-smart. I always love the little details like this : ) Great job!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the masked border, and the paper you chose for the die on the second card is so bold and modern and graphic, fantastic!

Cris G said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! Love the masked frame on your first card, and the second one is so bright with that beautiful pattern paper.

Annette Allen said...

WOW you rocked this new set.. love the sentiments and that note is awesome.. Clever designing..

Cornelia W said...

Wowzers - that second card of yours - AWESOME!

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous stamping and masking on the first one and I LOVE THAT SECOND ONE SO MUCH!!! That rainbow paper just slays me!!

Dawn Turley said...

both of these are so awesome Virginia. Love the simplicity of the second one.

cm said...

I have to catch up on several of your cards, but popping in here to let you know I'm swooning over your beautiful cards here. I'm falling in love with this set, too, especially after seeing what you've done with them. WOW!!
c

Barb Ghig said...

Love both of your cards, Virginia! The sentiment on the first one is the best I've seen in a long time, and I love how you created your border! I also love how you let the stamped image show through the diecut on your second card...so striking against the black!

icardeveryone01 said...

Forget your trebles!!!!!!!!! Love that! But you knew I would, right?

Michele F.

Shelly said...

Ooooh, love them both! So sweet!

racmozz said...

Wow just wow. That treble clef border is just wonderful! Im in love!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wonderful! Loving all the music stuff at CAS-ual Fridays and you just show it off so well!

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness !! These cards have left an everlasting impact of me, I just can't get my eyes of this beauty :)

cm said...

OMGorgeous! Love the stamped treble clefts framing the beautiful sentiment in the first. The second...swooning. Absolutely stunning!
c