Saturday, May 10, 2014

Handwriting Challenge (take 3)!

 Hi there! I made ANOTHER card for the Handwriting Challenge over Moxie Fab World!
I am loving my Avery Elle challenge prize. I chose this set called Write It.
Avery Elle Write It Clear Stamps 
We can never have too many sentiments, right?
Here is my take:
a better place 
Supplies: Write It (Avery Elle Stamps), Gelatos (Faber-Castell), silver stripe paper (DCWV),  star ( Fancy Pants), grey watercolor (Basic Grey's Fresh Cut)

Instead of using my go-to Distress Inks, I used Gelatos to create the colorful background. I was intrigued about this medium for a long time, now I want to get all the colors! After creating the background, I embossed the sentiment in white. I then stamped the sentiment with Hero Art (Tide Pool) ink to create that shadow effect. You can easily wipe off the excess since the sentiment was already embossed. 

 Thanks for stopping by! 

10 comments:

MichelleZ said...

I love the colors! Very pretty!

Dotty Jo x said...

How lovely, great watercolour effect! Jo x

Shelly said...

Ooooh...LOVE this! The colors are AMAZING! And the sentiment, perfect!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. The soft colours look stunning. Haven't pulled out the gelatos yet.

lenny said...

Stunning!!! This is my fav, so far!! Love the blue background and the bright colored pannel with the embossing!! fab!!!

Sheila H said...

Your background is gorgeous. The sentiment really pops :)

Sheila H said...

Gorgeous background and design, Virginia.

Arlene said...

Haven't bought gelatos yet but they sure have some great colors. Love the card.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the Gelatos colors that you chose and your design is fab!

cm said...

The white embossing against the colourful gelato background has such an impact. You're 'encouraging' me to consider gelatos...
c