Friday, May 23, 2014

Iron Craft Challenge (Inspiration 4 )

Happy weekend, my friends!
Are you liking my takes on Iron Craft Challenge? Here is part 1, part 2 and part 3, in case you missed seeing it. Chaitali did an interview with my dear friend Laura Bassen and she asked about what our favorite desserts are.... 

Here is the inspiration photo (from the blog followers' answers).
Desserts
Delicious, aren't they? I love a good Creme Brulee! Yum!

I was inspired by the "sweetness" of the photo, so I did some honeycomb/hexagon stenciling for the background. The stencil I used is from Heidi Swapp's collection.

faith hope love
The caramel on the Creme Brulee prompted me to do some gold-embossing on the image. I also added two stamped butterflies (from Basic Grey's Lucille). The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. A small trip of Japanese Washi Tape was also added to complete the design.

 Lately I have been obsessed with this Penny Black Stamp ...
Botanical Notes (Penny Black)
botanical notes picture
I will share a few more cards with you using this stamp set. I have already shared this card over StampNation. It's a huge stamping online website full of inspiration , tutorials and forums.
 If you would like more information about StampNation, please click here.

edited: after seeing more of the dessert photos, I made a Chocolate Crepe!
It looks good, right? Trust me, it tasted GREAT, too! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Lin said...

Just beautiful, V! Love that little bit of lace you added, too!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Loving the gold embossing and those butterflies are beautiful, love the honeycomb in the corners too!

sandie said...

Love the gold embossing and how all the different elements work so well together. I wanted to thank you for introducing me to the iron craft inspiration. I have been inspired to make 2 cards so far for this, great photos they have xx

Petti said...

Very pretty card. And I can't help myself feeling hungry with all those dessert in the picture!

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous card design!

Harriet said...

Virginia....a feast for my eyes and a wish for my stomach.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the card and the crepes!

Annette Allen said...

wow you are doing amazing things.. this is gorgeous.. I love the gold embossing.. and yay for Chocolate Crepe.. If I was your neighbor I would be peeking in your kitchen window waiting to see what your cooking next.. heehee

Kristie Goulet said...

Delicious looking card, Virginia! Just love it. The chocolate crepe looks just as delicious. LOVE Crepes! xo

Laura B. said...

oh my goodness, that chocolate crepe!!!! I love your gorgeous, dessert inspired card! It's so pretty with the embossing and inking and butterflies...beautiful!!! Thanks for the shout out♥

Cindy C. said...

Waah both card and dessert so sweet and yummy looking!! You're making me hungry! :P

Sheila H said...

Your card has such artsy design elements, Virginia. The gorgeous butterflies, the hexagons and twine are just beautiful and perfectly placed. Oh, how I wish I had a taste of your crepe :)

Dawn Turley said...

a beautiful card Virginia. Love the pretty colour of the background. The stamp looks stunning gold embossed

keren said...

Gosh that's lovely. Love the sponged effect around the edges and those butterflies are stamped to perfection!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you were inspired by the dessert photo, and so beautifully, too! Your stenciled background is perfect with this PB stamp, and the colors are 'delicious'! Adding a small strip of black lace washi was such a fun idea, too! Gorgeous card, Virginia!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration pictures. Love the background stamped. TFS

cm said...

I'm running out of superlatives to describe how much I LOVE the way your showcase flowers and, especially, butterflies. Awesome, amazing, exquisite...
c

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful!