Saturday, May 10, 2014

LAST Handwriting Challenge

Please excuse me for being overly creative about Handwriting Challenge over MF World ...but I can assure you, this is the last entry (gasp)! I can't stop playing with watercolors since I bought another pack of watercolor paper from Michael's. I just had to try my hands on this with the Handwriting set (Avery Elle).

My card's design was inspired by a magazine ad that I saw when I was waiting for a hair appointment! Inspiration can be found anywhere and everywhere--so true!
you make the world a better place
I created the background with a mix of Distress Inks and water. The sentiment was stamped in black and then clear embossed. I had a hard time choosing the proper embellishments.

In the end, I used white embossing paste with a Heidie Swapp stencil. I think it looked fine!

 Thanks for stopping by! 

18 comments:

Deepti said...

Wow what a stunning look !! The watercolor BG is beautiful :)

Sarah Gray said...

Love the vibrant background and embossing paste - such a fun card! I have been checking out that AE set - the font is stunning :)

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning background Virginia. Love the touch of the embossing paste. Great way to finish the card,

Sheila H said...

Great texture from the embossing paste, Virginia! Your background is stunning. This is an enchanting card :)

Arlene said...

What a fun card! Love the colors and that sentiment is wonderful!

Brenda said...

Love those colours Virginia!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful background and I love the addition of the stenciling!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!! :)

Joni nina Andaya said...

Beautiful!!! Love this <3

Karen said...

great card...love it.

Cris G said...

Gorgeous background! Beautiful colors and the embossing paste is surely a great alternative to embellishments. The font in this set is just beautiful.

~amy~ said...

How fun, watercoloring and embossing paste! perfect!

Annette Allen said...

why YES i love it.. great watercoloring and cool embossing..

Bobby said...

I love the background. The colors look watercolory without blending too much.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful water colored background, and perfect with this sentiment, Virginia! Love all those sweet little dots with your embossing paste, too!

Susanne Vargas said...

What a gorgeous piece of art! And the sentiment works perfectly with it!

Laura B. said...

Oh my! This watercoloring is beautiful! Love the dense colors you used with that sentiment...so pretty!

cm said...

Adding my voice to the others: stunning, vibrant and amazing!
c