Sunday, May 18, 2014

More Washi Tape Cards!

Yay, I made two more Washi Tape cards! The deadline is tomorrow...so here are my last two entries for the Open Audition Gallery Idol call.

The first card here was a lot of fun to make.happy birthday to you
I made a super glittery background (Heidi Swapp Doily stencil, white embossing paste and MS glitter). I created three colorful butterflies with the washi tape and layered them with two more pieces of diecut for more dimensions. The sentiment is from SRM Stickers.

My 2nd card is a bit of a scene card. It is nearly 100% Washi Tape!You're Tee-riffic
I used 6 different Washi Tape to create the hills, road, golf cart and flag!
And notice those "golf balls"? I used Embossing Paste with the Heidie Swapp stencil. As for the "hills"? They were created with a large oval Washi-taped die cut!
The stamp set is from My Guy by Paper Smooches. I think this card is Tee-riffic for ANY guys! I am also entering this card to Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge.

You can check out the amazing Gallery Idol entries here.
Well, that's it for me. Thanks so much for stopping by! 

22 comments:

Deepti said...

Woohoo awesomeness !! You definitely are my gallery idol, love love ur washi tape cards :)

Dotty Jo x said...

I love washi tape and you've used it to great effect on both cards Virginia! Jo x

Bobby said...

Making hills with washi tape? What a brilliant idea. That card is so cute.

Lynn said...

Two awesome cards Virginia! Way to rock the idol challenge!

Sheila H said...

Your cards are amazing artistic and creative, Virginia. I absolutely love them. BTW, I love that Paper Smooches man set. I just may have to buy it :)

Dawn Turley said...

cute as cards Virginia.

Niki G said...

Love the way you used your washi! Love that golf cart!!

Sarah Gray said...

More great washi cards - love the texture and glitter on your first card and your washi/golf card is just so fun!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, Virginia! I am so impressed with all the ways you used Washi tape on your cards...WOW! I love how you played with embossing paste on both cards, too! You've really done an amazing job with your entries...crossing my fingers for you!

sandie said...

Great use of the paste to give texture, 2 more fab entries x

Kristie Goulet said...

Two more amazing cards, Virginia! Love your use of washi on them both. Best of luck to you!

Ginny said...

Really? you made these with washi tape? Fabulous!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are so fun!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I love the washi you chose for the butterlies and I'm loving the scene on the second and the embossing paste on both.

Happy Dance said...

Absolutely great washi tape cards! Very cool butterflies; just love the bokeh effect of the polka dots. And I have to say, my dad is a HUGE golfer and would find your tee-riffic day card to be about the best ever! He vote for you for sure, lol! Have a great week. Bev

Annette Allen said...

yay for washi tape.. love both of these cards.. Good Luck with Gallery Idol..

Cris G said...

Oh gosh, these are cute! I especially love those washi green hills and golf balls... who would have thought of that? :).

Laura B. said...

you go girl!!!! love your creative washi tape ideas! Best of luck to you dear friend!

Shelly said...

Oh, very cool cards!!! And best of luck to you! ;)

Petti said...

Very cute! And great scene you have created!

Pamela said...

Love that glittery embossing paste <3

cm said...

You're working magic with the washi tape! Creating scenes is sheer brillance, and we already know my response to the butterflies...love them!
c