Thursday, May 8, 2014

Playing with Gelatos and Stencils...

Hello! I have acquired some new (to me) goodies lately and I thought it would be fun to share the process with you.
The reasons I made this card are as follows:
~to use the new Avery Elle stamp set (Write It)
~to try using a few Gelatos that I bought with Michael's coupon
~to stretch my Simon Says Stamp (heart shape die)
~to join the fun over Moxie Fab World's Handwriting Challenge
~to use some more stencil and embossing paste

 Here we go....
1. Use a post-it note (I used free sticky Tylenol paper) to make a die cut and use the negative part
2. Apply Gelatos within the heart die, rub and blend the colors with a wet finger and dry baby wipe
3. Fix the blending and be extremely careful not to mess up the blending
note: Do use card stock of good quality (Neenah card stock was used here)

4. Once the ink is nicely blended, emboss the sentiment in black 
5. Assemble the card stock and add some sequins
6. Blend the Gelatos with white Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste and add three little hearts

Here is the final result (kind of bright..., but I guess that is the idea-wink!)

you're seriously awesome
 Well, it was a lot of fun to create this card. I hope that you enjoy seeing the process.
 You are seriously awesome to stop by my blog :)

35 comments:

Laura B. said...

wow, wow, wow~! Seriously awesome!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow I love this so creative!!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful!

Bobby said...

The gelatos leave such a nice, bright color and blend well.

Deepti said...

Looks like I have to rush to Michael's for Gelatos, this is simply stunning!

Maureen Morton said...

I have Gelatos that are way underused - I just don't like to use them because I hate messes! Great result here - more than worth it! Thanks for sharing.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely, lovely , lovely!!!

Sheila H said...

Love your gelato heart, Virginia. The blending is perfect. The paste hearts and sequins add nice texture and dimension. Your artistic flair really pops :)

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous.

Sarah Gray said...

Such a fun card - love the gelato heart! Gelatos are new to me too but they are lots of fun to play with :)

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous Virginia. Such a pretty card.

craftytreen said...

this card rocks! I have gelatoes that I have never even tried. I love the colors you chose. its really lovely. the sentiment is awesome. such a nice card!

Sherry Eckblad said...

It looks amazing! I need to play with my gelatos they are starting to collect dust.

Pam said...

Very cool card!

Niki G said...

Love this! What a great way to use those shaped dies!

Brenda said...

Just love the colours Virginia!

Laura Jane said...

Nice work with the gellatos!

Cris G said...

Hmmm, I love all the brightness on your card, and the sentiment is just gorgeous! Beautiful combination.

sandie said...

What a stunning card, I would have no idea how you made this so thanks for showing us, although I am sure I would make a real mess of this.
This would be great for our challenge at TIME OUT this week, would love you to join. There were some awesome CASE cards last week, so thanks again!
Here is the link for this week
http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/time-out-challenge-5.html

Annette Allen said...

oh how I love this.. The bright fun colors are the perfect combo and the embossed sentiment.. LOVE IT

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic! I love that you didn't just stamp the sentiment, you embossed it, even though black embossing is a bear, it is so worth it here!!!

Charlene said...

Awesome and so creative!! Love it!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful colors Virginia! Did you use clear embossing paste? I think I am having a total blonde moment here.

Nat said...

Ive been very curious about Gelatos, nice to see the process. beautiful card!! :)

Jacqueline said...

Just gorgeous, Virginia! Have a lovely weekend!

Shelly said...

So sweet! I love that you shared the process of making your card! I have some gelatos and have yet to try anything like this with them!...I will have to play around some more. ;) Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous card. Love those bright colors.

lenny said...

It's so beautiful!! Love how you used the negative die cut and the gelatos!! Fun tutorial!!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Fabulous!!!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Fabulous!!!

Catherine Pooler said...

GIRL! WOW! I am in love...seriously in love...

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME!! LOVE this!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! Another STUNNER!!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

so stunning...

cm said...

YOU are seriously awesome for making this card and sharing a tutorial on the process! WOW!!
c