Thursday, May 8, 2014

StampNation Guest Design (Week 2)

This is my 2nd post for today. For CAS-ual Fridays' new stamp release, please click here or scroll down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! It's my 2nd week over StampNation  as guest designer! This week we are having a inspiration photo challenge and it is sponsored by Penny Black!! Lots of inspirational card ideas and videos in Catherine Pooler's (founder of StampNation) blog. Do check out Catherine's blog and subscribe to her You Tube videos if you haven't already! I was lucky to get a few new PB goodies to create for this challenge. I used this stamp for my project. Isn't the stamp gorgeous?
botanical notes picture
Here is a sneak peek of my project along with the DT:
 And here is my own reject card for this challenge. It is a nice card, but I wasn't fully happy about the result...Am I right, or am I too harsh on myself (LOL)?

 The stripy-colored background was created with a mixture of water, Gelatos and Distress Inks!
 Kind of neat, huh?

A reminder for you to check out Virgina's View Challenge today. A new feature is introduced! 
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so beautiful Virginia, the colours are so rich!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Gorgeous! I would instantly think to just color that image, but not you, you always come up with something that blows my mind!

Annette Allen said...

Virginia wow wee this is stunning.. love how you added the color.. totally gorgeous

Deepti said...

Love ur bright creations :)

Heather North said...

Yes, Virginia, you are too hard on yourself. Although I must admit, as good as this bright & cheerful card is, your second card did blow this one out of the water. I'm so thrilled you are joining the team at StampNation this month!

Cris G said...

You are definitely being harsh on yourself. The stamp is a beauty and so is your card with all those vibrant colors.

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a Beauty!!!

Catherine Pooler said...

Virginia! We are so excited to have your talents at StampNation! You are the best!

cm said...

Beautiful flowers, rich background = lovely! Yes, you are too harsh on yourself *grin* Gorgeous card in all respects!
c