Thursday, May 22, 2014

StampNation Guest Design (Week 4)

It's my turn to share a project over StampNation  as guest designer!
<A HREF="http://www.cartville.com/app/?Clk=5275151" > StampNation Membership </A>
Lots of inspirational card ideas and videos in Catherine Pooler's (founder of StampNation) blog. StampNation members have access to over 400 videos, a classroom, fun challenges, gallery, message boards, and more! Do check out Catherine's blog and subscribe to her You Tube videos if you haven't already! For all the details about StampNation, please click here 

Here is a sample from the StampNation DT
Click image for larger version. 

Name: collage.jpg 
Views: 1 
Size: 292.3 KB 
ID: 14422

My project this week is based on a sketch.

  Of course, I do not want to end the post without a card! Previously I made an extra card for StampNation Inspiration photo challenge. The stamp is from Penny Black (Botanical Notes). I kept the design fairly simple since the stamp already has beautiful and intricate details. I stamped  the background with two colors and that gives the design more interest. I focused the image on the butterfly. I colored it with copics and added Glossy Accent to give it a shine and highlight.
Thinking of you_

I have been having fun over StampNation site and made some lovely stamping friends there! What a bonus to be part of StampNation!
<A HREF="http://www.cartville.com/app/?Clk=5275151" > StampNation Membership </A>
 I fell in love with stamping when my son David was a baby. When I got back to stamping in 2008, I was lucky to have a small and intimate group over Hero Arts Flickr. I learned so much from my fellow stamping friends there. Well, the group has grown so much (from 200 members to nearly 5000 members) and with all the changes from Flickr over the years, I really miss the small intimate group that I was used to.

For those of you who are new to stamping and feel like you can use some inspiration, ideas, lessons on stamping and even encouragement, I highly recommend StampNation. You will be totally immersed in a friendly and encouraging atmosphere (for details, click here) and have lots of fun learning.

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

19 comments:

Barb said...

That card is gorgeous, Virginia! Love the colors and your beautiful butterfly!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card with a gorgeous image.

Lesley Croghan said...

Beautiful! Love the gorgeous stamping and butterfly!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is a beautiful card. Love the colors. The yellow on the edges together with the butterfly really makes the card shine.

Sheila H said...

Your background stamping is sooo beautiful! It highlights your popped up butterfly mannificently. Your coloring is perfect. The Glossy Accents and ink distressed edge of the panel are great accents.

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE your full card at StampNation, Virginia! Your second card is just as stunning. I am so thankful to get to know you better through StampNation. Hugs!

Deepti said...

These are so unique and so pretty :) you are such an amazing inspiration !

Laura B. said...

Such gorgeous floral and butterfly images. Love the way you inked them. Beautifully done!

Rachel said...

very pretty, v! the layering is lovely

Shelly said...

Beautiful card, Virginia! Love!

Linda R said...

Another BEAUTIFUL card my friend.

Hugs~

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Virginia! That butterfly is gorgeous!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is stunning.. this is added to one of my most favorites.. the colors are perfect and that butterfly is perfect.. i love it

Barb Ghig said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS, Virginia! I love how you focused on the butterfly and the color combo is just beautiful! You have really showcased this stamp and represented StampNation in such a unique and lovely way!

Thanks so much for the link and for encouraging us to check it out :-)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Looks so lovely! So happpy you are guesting over at stamp nation.

Kelly Griglione said...

You're a great guest designer and ambassador, Virginia!! Awesome stamping with the multicolored floral background!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous project, Virginia!

Catherine Pooler said...

We are so lucky to have you designing with us this month, Virginia! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent.

cm said...

Sigh...that's all...just sigh...Stunning!
c