Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Time Out Challenge #5

 Grab Our Badge!
It's another new theme over Time Out Challenge!
It is 'Inspired by Words' challenge with this phrase...
'Time Flies, Love Lasts'

I decided to focus on the words "time" and "love".
I have some Fancy Pants paper (Trend Setter) and haven't used much of it. In this collection, there are some really fun vintage clock images
 What better way to make this pattern paper shine? I set out to give myself two other challenges:
1. use recycled material  2. make it a masculine theme.
wrapped in love
About this card:
Recycled material: create a flap by using textured coffee sleeves (use Spellbinders Label 8).
Faux stitching I used this ruler to poke holes and then connected the dots
Gold button: emboss the button twice in gold from Waffle Flower (Notions)
Embellishment: for masculine cards, I try to avoid using ribbons, gems, peals and sequins. For this one, I tore off a piece of tissue paper to add that extra something something...
Sentiment: you don't always have to stamp/emboss the entire sentiment in one color. Here I stamped the sentiment in black and then added a bit of gold embossing in my 2nd step

I hope that you pick up a few small tips from this post. 
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Virginia, this is absolutely fabulous! Love how you combined all the elements so perfectly. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

sandie said...

I love it Virginia, so perfect for our challenge and the tissue paper touch is such a great idea for a guy card. Thanks for joining us at time out x

Alanna said...

This is stunning. I love the sentiment in the two different colors.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Fabulous card! Love all the elements of the design - especially that sentiment :) Thanks for playing at Time Out.

Sheila H said...

Great masculine card, Virginia. The texture of the coffee sleeve is a cool design element. The button and two tone embossing pop. And I love those tiny red hearts :)

Betty said...

love all your tips - especially making the flap on the pocket - wonderful card!!

Annette Allen said...

love this card... love the stitching.. love the background.. love it all

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful card! I love that you made the flourishes gold and I love the texture from the paper/flap/button!

Lesley Croghan said...

Love the sentiment on the designer paper and the gold embossing...so rich and elegant, V!!

Dotty Jo x said...

Great card Virginia - really elegant! Jo x

Nonni said...

Wow, fantastic masculine card! I love the tissue paper and what a beautiful sentiment. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia this is so gorgeous! I LOVE that beautiful sentiment and all the weathered texture of your card!

Linda R said...

Your card looks wonderful. I LOVE the colors and the faux stitching looks perfect..

Hugs~

alexandra s.m. said...

Great card Virginia and I love your tips ;))
Thank You~

Barb Ghig said...

I really love this card, Virginia! What a fun way to recycle the textured coffee sleeve, and I love your stitching! I also love how you stamped the sentiment...the little touch of gold is perfect with all the clocks! Fabulous masculine card!

Bobby said...

The sentiment is perfect for the challenge and the way you used it with all the eclectic elements is wonderful.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So happy to see you using tissue! This is gorgeous with the fap and button.

cm said...

....I'm nearly speechless with how amazing this is...going back to gaze and admire for a while longer...
c