Sunday, May 18, 2014

Using Diecut with Washi Tape

Today's post was triggered by the Open Audition of Gallery Idol. I had such an amazing experience last year and made it to the Top 5! Seriously, I don't think I can ever top that! But, I still want to participate just for the fun of it :)

For this open audition, the challenge is to use Washi Tape to create a card. I think Washi Tape is the perfect material for die cutting. It's super pliable without using glue (unlike pattern paper). So I set out to do the following....
1. gather Washi Tape and make diecut (Double Note from CAS-ual Fridays)
2. make a few extra dies and glue them (much like a chipboard)
3. Use Distress Inks and water to create a small area of watercolor background, let dry
4. Stamp the sentiment ( Heart Beat from CAS-ual Fridays)
 5. Use a ruler to line up the notes and pierce holes
6. Hand stitch with silver threadsa little love song
 Voila!
You can check out all the amazing entries here!
Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

WOW! Simply stunning. I love this card. It combines so much - it's elegant, delicate, fun, colourful and generally beautiful.
Elaine

Dawn Turley said...

A stunning idea Virginia. Clever use of washi

Lynn said...

Such a great use of the washi tape Virginia! I love the touch of stitching too.

Sheila H said...

Virginia , your die cut Washi notes have great visual appeal, and I love the stitching. The water color patch and sentiment are beautiful design elements. Your card is amazing.

Sherry Eckblad said...

I love everything about this card! You totally rocked this first gallery idol challenge.

sandie said...

oh very clever Virginia and what a fun way to use washi tape-good luck xx

Kim M said...

I love using washi tape die cuts too! Your card turned out just fabulous! I'm sure your name will appear again in the top 20. Glad to see you decided to try again. :-). Good luck! Hugs!

Barb said...

I am so glad you're doing this again, V! Darling card and a brilliant use of Washi Tape! I'm rooting for ya - good luck! ♥

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE how you used washi here, Virginia! Great job hand stitching too. Best of luck to you! ♥

Alanna said...

This is such a fun card. Good luck with the competition.

Cornelia W said...

This is AWESOME!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stunning Virginia--you are so creative. Maybe you will win this year! <3

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Virginia! I love how you played with the Washi tape and your water coloring is so 'cool'! Another really amazing card!

So glad you're entering this card to GI...I'm sure it's going to be a big hit, too!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love your washi notes, perfect choices and I love the stitching!

Deepti said...

Washi notes with stitching is just perfection, what a brilliant card :)

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Adore this!

Sarah Gray said...

Fabulous card, Virginia - glad to see you entering Gallery Idol again this year....I loved seeing what you created last year :) The washi and stitching on this card are just perfect!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

Such a fun and pretty card. LOVE the way you have used the washi together with the die!!

aaga said...

Love this card Virginia. :)

Cris G said...

Very cool card with all those different patterns, stitching and matching watercolor strokes. Beautiful and clever.

Shelly said...

Yes, this one is COOL too! Love it!

cm said...

Cool, clever and FABulous!!
c