Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Altenew Guest Design (Week 2)

Altenew 
Hello! It's my day over Altenew Blog! It has been so fun to share new stamping ideas over Altenew.  This week, I chose to highlight the theme on inking. I called it "Ink Them Up"!

Here is one of the many projects that I made for today's guest design post.close-up-001
If you guessed that it's alcohol inks that I used, then you are absolutely correct.
 Also, I made this card with Gelatos and I really like how it turned out! thinking of you

The process of making this card....
2014-06-041

1. I masked both sides of the card stock, so you get a defined border of the stamped image. I then stamp the image in Cup O' Joe (Hero Arts)
2. Apply Gelatos to the circle die cut image with the help of the water brush pen
3. After coloring the image, let dry. Then press the entire circle diecut to the embossing pad and clear-emboss the ENTIRE image (not shown in photo). This embossing process not only helps to seal the image, it makes the image look even more shiny and defined.
4. Assemble the card and add dimensions with pop dots. Stamp sentiment and add small pearls.

For more projects, please visit Altenew. I truly appreciate your comments and feedback.
And don't forget to check out Virginia's View Challenge as we have a special guest design joining the fun and she has a VIDEO (go here)! Here is a hint about this guest designer.
<A HREF="http://www.cartville.com/app/?Clk=5275151" > StampNation Membership </A>
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Amazing cards using Altenew stamps, Virginia! Thank you for sharing your awesome talent! xo

Charlene said...

Wonderful cards!! I love how you did the city card, great idea!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so cool! So need to do more spotlighting! Love that you used your gellatos too!

Sheila H said...

Your Gelato spotlight really pops, Virginia! Great use of color. Your city scape had nice dimension also.

Diane Jaquay said...

All of these are so fabulous, Virginia! I have some alcohol inks but have only used them on mixed media projects, I need to try them on a card!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Virginia, you are such an inspiration, just generally, but especially with your GD posts at Altenew! Your works of art are stunning and you are so generous with sharing tips and how-tos!! Hugs, Darnell

Alanna said...

Beautiful cards Virginia. I really like the partial coloring of the second one.

Lin said...

Your cards with these Altenew stamps have been amazing, my friend! A partnership made in heaven, if you ask me! Well done!

Piali Biswas said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia!!Thanks for sharing the step-by-step tut!! Altenew Stamps are amazing...I just got one set, I think I need more!!