Sunday, June 8, 2014

Another TAG!

I am sharing another tag from the same supplies that I used yesterday ( see this post).
This time I tried a more CAS approach. Notice the "grass"? Those are made with a coffee filter.

I love the texture of coffee filters as they are super absorbent with water and inks. I sprayed the filter with Mister Huey's Spray (Green and Blue) and also added some Perfect Pearl water mixture. After drying it with a heat gun ( I was too impatient), I cut out a small strip and pleated the filter paper. I then added some stitching with embroidery.
heartfelt thanks
The flowers are from my previous alcohol-inked scraps. I put the diecut pieces (flower, stem and leaves) together and kept it almost one layer. I guess this is called Inlaid Die Cut.

 Please do check out Virginia's View Challenge as we are having a super talented guest designer joining the fun.  I know her work will make you smile!
Thanks for stopping by! 

20 comments:

Barb said...

These colors are so beautiful, V! Love your inlaid die-cutting and sprayed piece of coffee filter - looks so pretty!

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous Virginia. Love the filter pleated grass. Tidying up today, I found where I had stored mine. Will have to try this out.

Sarah Gray said...

Love the inlaid die cut and texture from your grass! More great tag inspiration :)

Sheila H said...

Your grass is definitely unique - great pleating and stitching. The die cut flower is gorgeous :)

~amy~ said...

Lovely...awesome bloom!

alexandra s.m. said...

so beautiful Virginia!
It's amazing what you can create with a die some inks and coffee filters!
Thank You~

conil said...

Amazing, lovely color & design. That coffee filter certainly getting a work out.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors. I might have to try that filter trick.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning tag, Virginia! I love the vivid colors, and the genius way you used the coffee filter...so pretty!
Thanks so much for another great example!

Tracey McNeely said...

Not just another tag, a beautiful and artistic tag. Just gorgeous!

Joyce said...

This is such a pretty tag.

Happy Dance said...

Vibrant. Fun. Coffee filter genius, and such a beautiful flower. Love this. Bev

Charlene said...

Beautiful tag! The grass is brilliant!

Shelly said...

So pretty! Love the colors!

Carol McCready said...

Love the tag. The colors are gorgeous. The strip on the bottom of the tag is a great added element.

Carol McCready said...

Love the tag. The colors are gorgeous. The strip on the bottom of the tag is a great added element.

Carol McCready said...

Love the tag. The colors are gorgeous. The strip on the bottom of the tag is a great added element.

Carol McCready said...

Love the tag. The colors are gorgeous. The strip on the bottom of the tag is a great added element.

Laura B. said...

Fabulous inlayed die cut!!! I've missed your alcohol ink creations. So nice to see it popping up in this cute tag!

Robin K. said...

Your coffee filter grass is genius Virginia!