Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Create Your Own Journaling Card

 I have been intrigued by this new challenge over Moxie Fab World called Journaling Cards
It is challenging us to make something with a journaling card for a pocket page scrapbook. You can make either a greeting card, a scrapbook page, a pocket page or an altered project. I set out to make something with the one and only stamp that I have been obsessing with, you've guessed it--Botanical Notes. 

First, I set out to create my own jounaling card (measures 3" x 4").  I used the pattern paper from Fancy Pants called Trend Setter. Just like Botanical Notes, the sentiment is also from Penny Black (Kind Words). I stamped the Botanical Notes on several pattern paper and put this together...
Hi there

You almost can't tell it's from the same stamp that I have been using over and over, right? I am going to finish posting Botanical Notes with two more renditions and hopefully, that's the end of it. I think my other new stamps are starting to get jealous since I have been playing with nothing but Botanical Notes!

Edited: I just found that that I was spotted by Penny Black (see here) this morning. What a pleasant surprise to wake up to....I knew it was love at first sight when I laid my eyes on this Botanical Notes!

Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Barb said...

It's a beauty, Virginia! Love the way you incorporated the journaling tag onto your card! So pretty! ♥

Cindy C. said...

That's one sweet looking journaling card!

Brenda said...

That's definitely my kind of stamp Virginia! Thanks for showcasing it on this beautiful journaling card!

Lynn said...

Oh I love how you used the journaling card. So delicate.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the journaling card and I was so excited to see you get that shout out over at the PB blog today! Well deserved for sure!

LauraJane:) said...

Don't let it end Virginia! Congratulations on the Penny Black notice...how could they NOT share your cards?

conil said...

Every time I think you've wrung every ounce of creativity in this stamp, you come up with something totally new and out of the box. Girl, you are amazing and so is this card. Incredible.

lenny said...

Gorgeous card!! Love how you created your own journaling card. And all those flowers ....pretty!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Charlene said...

You are an enabler! I had to buy this stamp set lol! Gorgeous card!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card.. love the soft color combo and those flowers are always so pretty..

~amy~ said...

super PRETTY...love all of your stamping!
I'm multi-tasking...watching you on Iron Craft:)

Vanessa said...

So beautiful, Virginia! Love what you did with this stamp set, amazing!!!

Niki G said...

Another sweet card using that very versatile stamp! Loved your interview too on Iron Craft. I felt like I was a part of the conversation!

Shelly said...

Beautiful!!! And 'Woohoo!' for being spotted by Penny Black...very cool! ;)

Kristie Goulet said...

You totally rock, Virginia! No surprise you were "spotted" by Penny Black. Congratulations, friend! xo

Cris G said...

Oh, gosh... you even create journaling cards with this stamp :). Congratulations for being spotted!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on the shoutout from PB, V! Well-deserved and then some! They should be paying you a commission for all the sets you are personally responsible for selling!! Your cards are stunning and I just love your enthusiasm!! Hugs, Darnell

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your shout out with Penny Black, Virginia! I really love ALL of the cards you've created using this stamp, and your journaling card is gorgeous! I love your details and the color combo is just beautiful! You have showcased this stamp like no other, and I'm sure they are so pleased!!!

Deepti said...

Congrats on ur shout out at Penny black, you totally rock!

Linda Wilkinson said...

Very pretty an a great idea thanks!

terisplace said...

So fantastic, Virginia!

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on the shout-out on MFW's Photo Pocket Journalling Card ocntest!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Well aren't you making good use of this card ... shout outs at Penny Black AND MFW, not too shabby I say! Well deserved Virginia, it's a really gorgeous card. Love those flowers tucked behind the journaling card!!