Monday, June 16, 2014

Iron Craft Interview!!

I am popping in for a special post (I know, so much for a mini blog break!!). I almost forgot to post this, but this is your chance to see me live in an interview...so you might want to check it out!?
TheInterview
When Chaitali approached me back in March for the Iron Craft interview, I was not sure if I should do it!

Be warned: 
~I have a very strong accent. Chinese is my mother language, can you tell?  LOL. I didn't think my accent was THAT bad, but this interview made me cringe a little because I should have watched out for my accent and kept it in check....but then again, Dr. John said that if I "disguised" it, then it's not the genuine me. I think he has a a point!?

~I don't always look at the camera correctly. I didn't realize that the morning lighting from my window was a bit bright for my eyes. So I kept looking away from the camera.

~I used my son David's laptop for the interview. I had some technical difficulties toward the end of the interview. The battery DIED! I should have plugged it in, but David thought my interview would not take that long, so he didn't bother to plug it in! Live and learn....

Here is my collaboration with Chaitali. To go with the Virginia's View challenge, we both made tags/scraplings with the recycle item. We used the same stamp set Love Jar from Hero Arts. Chaitali did a superb job using these stamps!
Love Jar
And guess what? Hero Arts is the sponsor for this challenge and they are giving away the same stamp set Love Jar

I want to sincerely thank Chaitali for taking the time and effort to do this interview with me. She was so fun to talk to. What a sweetie! 
 Please check out the interview and visit Chaitali's blog! I will not be offended if you fast forward the interview....just saying...
While you are there, please leave Chaitali some blog love and comment (for a chance to win Hero Arts Love Jar stamps) and perhaps give her a thumbs up for the video interview (even though I sucked)!
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Love your black jars and your interview was fun....and no need to worry about your accent...we all have them:)you sounded just fine:)

Barb said...

Congratulations, Virginia I thought the interview was awesome! I felt like I was right there with you - LOVED seeing and listening to you! ♥ Your tags are beautiful too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wonderful interview at Iron Chef Virginia! Love your tags today, all so pretty, Chaitali's tag is gorgeous too!!

Alanna said...

Love your tags, they look great. Can't wait to hear the interview later tonight after work.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Yay!!! So happy for you! And don't ever apologize for your accent! It is beautiful and it is part of what makes you you... And we love you!!! Dr. John was right!

Charlene said...

Congrats Virginia! I will have to go listen!

Barb Ghig said...

It's been a wildly busy day for me, so I apologize for my late post...

I thought your interview was AMAZING, Virginia! I didn't think your accent was an issue, either! It was so fun to learn more about you, and to hear you talk about the 'early' days! Chaitali was so sweet, too...I could tell she was enjoying herself, and honored to interview someone so talented!

I love, love, love your tags, too! You are always so creative and find different ways to play with your stamps in inks...WOW! I love them all!

Off to check out Chaitali's post...hugs to you, and Congrats on a really awesome job, my friend!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Wonderful interview, Virginia! It was great to see and hear you. Love your tags!!!

Shelly said...

Woohoo! Very sweet and wonderful interview! ;)

sharrilou said...

I love anything with jars. Your cards are wonderful. I would love to own this set. And, I didn't think your interview sucked.

conil said...

Truly wonderful interview. You do not have a strong accent, I understood every syllable. It was so good to see you in the flesh, as they say and her your sweet voice.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loved your interview! And love what you guys made too!

Sarah Gray said...

Your conversation with Chaitali was wonderful - I so enjoyed it! You are so generous with your creativity and encouragement! Loved the tags you both made too :)

Laura B. said...

I SO wish you would have done just a few impersonations in your interview. THAT would have just taken it right over the top:) great job, love the cute chalkboard jars, too!