Friday, July 25, 2014

A VIDEO and a New Challenge

Hello, I am sharing a new project that I made for The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #2 . This new challenge is run by two talented blog friends-Donna Bowman and Rachel Kleinman

About this month's challenge: All skill levels are welcome and you can make anything such as a canvas, card, scrapbook page, altered item, journal page, etc... You just have to use more than 2 art mediums. Our challenge for July is to use something around the house in your project. You can stamp with bubble wrap, mask with rubber bands, or use old book pages in your background. Just use something you can find around your house someway in your project.

As you may know already....I love using household items for my paper-crafting, so this theme is really my type! I took this chance to get a start on a mini album that I bought recently by incorporating two household items (parchment paper and bubble wrap). My art mediums are : Gelatos, inks and watercolors. While I was creating, I thought it would be fun to share a video...

You can see the You Tube video here.

You may see some redundancy (around 4:20) in my video...I think I missed editing that part! Sorry about that! 

my mini album page
mini album page
and card (with Altenew Magnolia set)
thank you
 I hope you gives me a thumbs up over You Tube if you enjoyed the video! I am still learning and improving on how to make better You Tube videos....thanks for the patience and feedback!

22 comments:

Barb said...

I love the photo of Stephanie and David and what a beautiful background on that page, Virginia! Your card is so pretty too, but my favorite part of the video was the fact that you made us all feel better about making mistakes and smudges (happens to me all the time too!) ♥

Sheila H said...

Your parchment paper flowers are so pretty, Virginia. I love how you blended the Gelatos. Your covering the boo boos was very clever. I love your layout and your card. Thanks for another fun and informative video :)

Carol McCready said...

Nice video. Love those parchment flowers. They look fabulous on the card and page.

Very nice picture of your children. They look so happy.

Joan said...

Thank you for sharing, Virginia. I really appreciate how you verbalize your thought process while creating these. It really helps a beginner like me to understand how you come up with such wonderful designs!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great projects! I love the idea of using the gelatos with parchment paper...definitely going to try that and love to see you doing some more scrapbooking!

Shelly said...

WOW! Both are stunning!!! Love, love, love!

Emily Lauritzen said...

Very cute way to use household products! I adore your card! So light and whimsical.
<3 Emily L.

LauraJane:) said...

Yes, I have parchment paper...I will give it a try. Your page and card turned out beautifully.
I had no idea you covered your mistakes;)

Barb Ghig said...

Your layout is perfect for this beautiful photo of your kids, Virginia! I love how you played with your mixed media to create your flowers, and your background is amazing! Such a stunning card, too!

Thanks so much for sharing your process with us...I really enjoyed your video!

Nora N. said...

How cool are the parchment flowers!! I love the photo of your children. Stunning!! Awesome creations!!

Lynn said...

I love your layout and the fun textured background! Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Yay! Mixed media!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful layout and lovely flowers!!

conil said...

The look of the parchment paper is lovely...very soft and ethereal. Your LO is terrific. Like how you fixed your boo-boos.

Lyndal said...

Super cool Virginia!

Anita in France said...

What a lovely dreamy look you created on those parchment flowers, Virginia ... they're a delight! Anita :)

crafty creations said...

Fabulous work and what an inspiration you are

Donna B. said...

What an awesome page you made for that great picture. I love how you used so many elements to make the background and those parchment flowers are FAB!! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Rachel said...

V, I LOVE your video!! It's always so much fun to put a voice to an online friend! The parchment paper is such an amazing idea. The flowers look so airy and delicate that way. Love the album page! Thank you so much for playing Around the House with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lynn K said...

Great video! Love the parchment paper flowers and the background is great! Thanks for playing along with our Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful layout. Thanks for sharing and Thank you for joining with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Wida said...

those vellum flowers are beautiful. reminds me of Hawaii! I hope to go one day!