Monday, July 7, 2014

I Dig Gold!

The latest Avery Elle Challenge is all about "Gold"
I have recently bought a new stamp and diecut combo, so this is the perfect chance for me to play with gold and use my new supplies!
(edited: ugh...I just found out that I am too late in linking it up to the challenge..grrr...).

 I am using Avery Elle's Weather It Stamp and die cut set.

Avery Elle Weather It Clear Stamps  Avery Elle Weather It Custom Steel Dies

Here is my take on the gold theme...wishing you brighter days
I created a tightly-sealed pocket for the umbrella. Inside the see-through pocket, the raindrop image was embossed in gold. Avery Elle gold sequins were added for the extra shine. This way, the card stays flat and makes no mess!close-up

I was going to have just a gold handle for the umbrella, but I find the scalloped edges were too fun to leave them plain. This is the beauty of using a diecut! I also used pattern paper for this design and love the overall color for this gold umbrella. In the end, I added a gold string with a pearl to finish it off.

By the way, have you entered the latest Virginia's View Challenge? It's all about die cut! If you enter, you get a chance to win one of the Avery Elle dies ($28 in value). And don't forget to enter my summer giveaway (see top right sidebar)!

Hope you are having a bright and happy day! Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Sheila H said...

That stamp/die set is so cool, Virginia. Your design is creatively presented- the gold embossing, open window and sequins pop. This is a fun card :)

Niki G said...

Love what you did with gold and that sweet scalloped trim on the edge of the umbrella. Fab design!

Dawn Turley said...

totally awesome Virginia. Pity your missed the challenge.

~amy~ said...

Way to feature all that gold goodness!

lenny said...

Awesome!!! The gold really pops!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the gold and the partial inlaid die cut. The gold embossed raindrops are fantastic!

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Love all the gold! And ugh...sorry you missed the challenge! Though, so glad you still shared. ;)

Sherri Thompson said...

Virginia, I LOVE gold these days! I always seem to pair it with pastels, though. I love that you used it with orange-completely different take that looks fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing!

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card.

conil said...

This card is "Good as Gold". (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.) Despite the bad pun, the end result of your card is lovely. The background really showcases that darling umbrella that you die cut so cleverly.

Annette Allen said...

Gold is fun and so is this card.. love how you used it.. great card

Charlene said...

Cute,Cute,Cuteness!!!!!!!!!

joy said...

gorgeous! love the gold, too!

Angelique Vela said...

Love it!

Sarah Gray said...

Love the gold rain and sequins - such a cool way to use these fab stamps and dies!

Dana Joy said...

How cuuttee!

Laura B. said...

I dig gold. I dig your cheery card. I dig you:)

donna mikasa said...

Goldeliciious! You certainly have the Midas touch--this card is so cute!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I'm sorry you missed the AE deadline! It's still a winner in my book. :)

Cindy C. said...

If I have an umbrella like that, I wouldn't mind if it rains everything!! :) Fab card Virginia!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the umbrella and I'm digging the gold!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love how you played with this stamp and die set, Virginia! The patterned papers are so pretty, and your gold embossing is just amazing! I love that you added the gold sequins, too!