Friday, July 18, 2014

Mixed Media Tag Card

Hello! I am sharing a tag card today. It was prompted by a new challenge called The Mixed Media Challenge started by the talented Shery R. I "met" Shery through Virginia's View Challenge. Shery wowed me with her many mixed media creations and videos.  When I found out that she started this challenge blog, I knew I should join the fun! 
 
For this challenge, we were asked to create a Mixed Media Card (see Mixed Media definition here).
Based on the theme, you can create a TAG card with the theme "nature"

I made this tag card with all my favorite supplies and techniques.
Supplies: Poppy Trio, Amazing!, Hexagon background ( Penny Black), Distress Paint (White Picket Fence), alcohol inks, stencil (Studio Calico), embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi), Wink of Stella (green), Distress Inks
close-up
I also added some Perfect Pearl Liquid Droplets for extra details on the poppies.
The best thing about a Mixed Media project is that there is no absolutely right or wrong way...you pretty much can layer your creations however you want. I find it super relaxing!

For most people, Mixed Media seems a bit challenging, but in reality, most card makers have all these stamping supplies. You can readily get the products out and just see what you can create.
Hope you check out the Mixed Media Challenge and just PLAY.

Thanks for stopping by!

28 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous Virginia! Love every single detail!

Lyndal said...

Yes Virginia, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! LOVE your mixed media tag! So glad you joined in the fun @ the Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

Lynn said...

You've combined all of these elements so perfectly Virginia.

Leni said...

Hi Virginia,I am one of your admirers as you know. I really love the colors you use. Gives me always such a happy feeling. This one is no exception. I like the colors, the dimension, and I love the look of art!

Sheila H said...

This is beautiful, Virginia. The many and varied artistic elements combine for wonderful texture, depth and visual interest.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I'm feeling very inspired after seeing your gorgeous card!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Gorgeous! I definitely need to check out that mixed media blog.

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous card. One can never have enough Poppy stamps.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful card! Lots of dimension, texture and color!

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! I love all the colors and the depth you created on the card. I hope you will be able to join us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge soon!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

wonderful tag very colorful
bibiana

conil said...

One again, you've inspired me to get my stuff out and create a mixed media project. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until I return home where all my stuff is. Your card, by the way, is lovely. Really impressed with the way you layered your elements.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the tag and colors!

Marina Hutflies said...

Hello Virginia, you shows beautiful works on your site!
I would like to invite you to my creative side:
http://www.hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.eu/en/
Please leave me a message on my shop, it makes me very happy!
Have fun looking. Many Greetings from Marina

Loll Thompson said...

Gorgeous tag card Virginia! Love the bright colors of the flowers and all the texture from your stenciled embossing paste. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

~amy~ said...

super gorgeous virginia! Love the colors!

Dawn Turley said...

Awesome Virginia. Mixed media is such fun.

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Awesome card - I love it!

LauraJane:) said...

The best thing about mixed media projects is I can just keep looking at it and see something MORE...more texture, more color, new layer, added stamp, you get the idea..JUST MORE goodness to behold!
Thanks for sharing this new challenge with me:)

Nora N. said...

Ok, I am going to have to try this. I have all the stuff to create a mix media project but am so intimidated!! This is FABULOUS!! I LOVE the colors, the way you watercolored, the stitched banner-everything. Very pretty!!

Far North said...

Virginia, so very glad you were able to make a some time to play the Mixed Media Card Challenge! I agree it really is a relaxing style as well as so interesting with all the texture,dimension and layers of color!
And yours is a fabulous piece of ART! Thanks so much!

Sarah Gray said...

A fabulous creation, Virginia - you play with colours and textures so well!

Barb Ghig said...

Your sentiment says it all, Virginia ~ "You Are Amazing"! I love all the bold colors and how you played with textures to create this fabulous card! So creative and fun!!!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely tag card Virginia! love the watercolored layered flower - your texture stenciling and banner sentiment! thanks so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge!!

Charlene said...

BEAUTIFUL card Virginia!!Love everything about this carD!Thanks for playing this week at MMCC!

maria f. said...

SOOOOO much goodness going on here. My fave is those gorgeous pink and orange splatters of ink! So yummy. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at MMCC, Virginia!

Sanna Lippert said...

such a cool card!!! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

Elina Strömberg said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love the layered flower, looks so good!
Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again in August!