Saturday, July 26, 2014

More Alcohol Inks and Die Cut

Today's card is a colorful result from playing with Alcohol Inks and Die Cuts. This card is completely FLAT. Keeping the card flat takes a bit of planning and die cutting. But it really is worth the effort.

At the time of posting this, I noticed that my card will fit into the challenge for Avery Elle's Challenge # 12 (Die Cut).
I am here for you
 I started out with making the umbrella die cut on the card stock. Then I created the umbrella die cut with alcohol inks. After running through the Cuttlebug a few times, I basically assembled the dies and fit the pieces into the design like a puzzle.

 It was not hard to line up the umbrella images. For the background, I actually messed up on stamping some raindrops (that come with the set). I decided to use a darker colored blue card stock to make a different background. I think it worked! See? I ALWAYS end up with something unexpected simply because I had made some blunders! Love those happy accidents!
Lastly, I am sharing a sneak peek of my feature over StampNation "Virginia's Stamp Clinic". We are exploring the possibilities of Border/Background stamps.

You can find out the details here
Click Here for Membership Details and Benefits
Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Nora N. said...

That alcohol effect is so cool Virginia!! I love the colors you used on each of them!! Very cute card.

Barb said...

Virginia, this card is wonderful! I love the bright colors you used and the darker cardstock worked perfectly! ♥

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So cool!

Carol McCready said...

Love those umbrellas.

Laura B. said...

oh my word! those umbrellas are just so darn cool looking!!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your umbrellas look fantastic, love this card!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So unique and totally stunning!

Dotty Jo x said...

How clever, great card! Jo x

Amy Kolling said...

Amazing Virginia!!! I must go and tear my room apart to find those alcohol inks from years ago and try this!!!!

~amy~ said...

Oh I LOVE this.

Sheila H said...

Brilliant both in color and concept, Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome card, Virginia! I love the effect of the alcohol inks on the umbrellas and how you fixed your boo-boo across the top! So pretty!

Cornelia W said...

Stunning effect with those alcohol inks! Fabulous, Virginia!

conil said...

Cornelia's right...this effect IS stunning. Great colors you chose. This is going to make the recipient very happy.

alexandra s.m. said...

You have such a unique style Virginia!
You surprise me and yet I would have recognized your card in a million ;)

donna mikasa said...

Oh my! Your alcohol inked umbrellas are gorgeous! (And I love that you used three of them! ;) Thanks so much for joining the AE Challenge!

Jess said...

Love the effect on those umbrellas!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! Those downward strokes really evoke the idea of rain, and I love the colors!

Shelly said...

WOW! Very cool card! Lovin' the umbrellas!!!

Lisa from Lisascraftylife. com said...

I love the technique on the umbrellas!

Katie Gehring said...

This is gorgeous, Virginia! Love the alcohol ink effect on the umbrellas- it's stunning! Thank you so much for playing along with the AE die cut challenge!