Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Number Die from Penny Black

I never ever had a number die before.....well, now I do. 
Introducing Penny Black's
By the Numbers

by the numbers picture
This die makes it an interesting challenge for me to use! It's not the type where you can just cut up the number.....well, you could. But for now, I like to use it in one piece.

Here is my first take
happy birthday
I decided to create a tone on tone background by using two light blue dies.  I love the interesting background the number die gives. The watercolor strip was a leftover piece from another project. I embossed the sentiment in blue to accentuate the design. What do you think? I will share another card later this week using exactly the same stamp....how's that?

Last but not least... thank you (x million) for the overwhelming response to my 2nd You Tube video and the Lego structure camera setup.  I didn't anticipate so much attention and love! I promise to do more videos...In fact, yesterday I made another one with the Lego camera structure. It is structurally SOUND, stable and easy to use!

Here is a closer look of the Lego structure (if anyone is interested)
 I almost never rarely praise Dr. John, but for this effort (he said it was really EASY), he sure is like a genius!  Shhh...let's hope that this will not go his head!

Announcement: for my summer giveaway, InLinkz has selected two winners!
They are Miriam Prantner (prize package) and Donna Idlet (one month FREE StampNation Membership). Congrats!! Please e-mail me for the prize!
Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Alanna said...

What a fun die. And your card looks fabulous.

Pamela said...

That lego structure is brilliant! Dr John needs to write out the diagram so I can rebuild it for my video taping too!!!!! And I love the die as a background on the card. It doesn't look like numbers anymore!

Lynn said...

I love the lego structure. So cool! Gorgeous card too...the subtle die cut is gorgeous against all the color.

Pam said...

Love that fun die! Great card. Dr. John's structure is fabulous! Legos are brilliant.

keren said...

Amazing structure! Superb card- love the together die. I often don't want to separate my numbers or letters and love you can get one that's impossible to break! Tell Dr John that next he needs to create a Lego structure that has runners so it can move the camera left to right if necessary for panning shots ( ha ha!) Xx

Sheila H said...

Your number background is very striking, Virginia. It adds depth and texture. I love the tone on tone look. The embossed watercolor strip pops nicely - lovely card.

conil said...

Ooooh, such a happy card...perfect for birthdays. I've been eyeing that die for a while. Since seeing what you've done with it, I'll buy it. You've made it sing with that colorful watercolor panel. Loved your video, drooling for more. You must be so proud of Dr. John's engineering skills. What a guy!

Harriet said...

This is an excellent card. The die gives dimension and the stamped image sets everything off. Lovely color paper.

Shelly said...

Awesome card!!! Love it! And Congrats, to the winners of the giveaway!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the tone on tone die treatment! And SO excited to have won! THANK YOU!!!

Carol McCready said...

Fun die.

Cris G said...

Love the background die, it gives a lot of interest, and the piece you have used as focal point is so yummy... really Summery composition, could be a pool and ice cream :P.

Annette Allen said...

wow Virginia that card is amazing. love how you used the die and how you added the sentiment.

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia the number die card is fantastic--LOVE! The Lego structure is really fantastic, how lucky is John that he can play so much with Lego! ;)

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the tone on tone..subtle beauty.
THANKS for the close-up of the lego structure...my kiddos THANK YOU!!

Cindy C. said...

Very cool card, love how you used the number die!! And the lego camera/video recording device is awesome!!!

maria f. said...

That is one cool die!

Barb Ghig said...

Dr. John's Lego structure is brilliant, Virginia! And, your card is beautiful!!! I love the subtle texture of the die cut with all those pretty colors!

donna mikasa said...

Such a cool die--I love it as a background--and that is one gorgeous card!

Laura B. said...

love the tone on tone with the colorful watercolor and loose thread!