Saturday, July 19, 2014

Number Die ( Take 2!) and StampNation Beach Vacation

 Hello! I am sharing my 2nd take with the new die from Penny Black. 
by the numbers picture
This die is so easy and fun to use...I am really liking it! I made two die cuts--one light blue and one on watercolor paper ( that I previously made with water and Distress Inks). 
For the water-colored die, I first created a colorful background on watercolor paper, then I made the die cut. By slightly overlapping the two dies, it makes a great visual statement. I simply embossed the sentiment on a piece of light blue vellum.  Add strings and sequins....done!

 What do you think? Do new products make you think outside the box a little? It sure does for me!

 Lastly, I want to mention that the StampNation Beach Vacation is almost here!
There will be plenty of prizes from our amazing sponsors...
Lawn Fawn
Ellen Hutson
Pretty Pink Posh

 
  There will be daily challenges, videos, and dream team inspiration. We also have some fabulous guest designers joining us for a blog hop on July 20th. That's tomorrow! Also, I am hosting a "Virginia's Stamping Clinic" in the Classroom section over SN as well.
Click here to join the fun and learn more about the membership benefits 
  Hope to see you stamping and hopping along with us on our StampNation Beach Vacation.
All are welcome!

Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Niki G said...

Gorgeous water coloring Virginia! Love the light blue shadow effect.

Barb said...

Love the pretty watercolors you used, V! It's such a fun card! The string and sequins look fab too! ♥

Sheila H said...

Your offset die cuts pack a powerful punch. Virginia. This is a fun and colorful card. The sentiment is perfect.

donna mikasa said...

Love the watercolored numbers background! And you are becoming the Queen of Thread and Sequins! Love this bright and beautiful card!

Dawn Turley said...

superb Virginia. The watercolour one is so pretty. The colours are awesome. Love the pale blue vellum

Lynn said...

I love the water color with the vellum sentiment overlay. Fabulous Virginia.

Sabrina said...

Beautiful watercolor card!!

conil said...

So glad you've used this die again. It's really quite beautifully water colored and creating a "shadowed" effect with another die cut makes it POP!

Deepti said...

Watercolor numbers are simply beautiful :) love this

Carol McCready said...

Love the watercolor numbers.

Happy Dance said...

Fantastic card, Virginia! I don't have a numbers die, but I have a similar stamp and plan on trying something like this. You are such an inspiration!! Wonderful! Bev

Nora N. said...

I LOVE the watercoloring and how you overlaid the dies. I also like the shiny thread you used over it. Really fun card!!

Diane Jaquay said...

The numbers look so awesome with all those colors, fabulous card, Virginia!!

Bobby said...

I love the way you layered the die to make it pop. The watercoloring looks terrific.

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Sarah Gray said...

The water coloured die cut background looks gorgeous and the vellum panel seems to just float above it - lovely design!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the offset die cuts with the watercolored version on top and the vellum piece for the sentiment is just right, adds some more depth, but lets you still see the great die cuts!

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! I really love this card, Virginia! Your water coloring is so soft and beautiful, and I love how you created a shadow behind it! I also love how you added the vellum panel...such a pretty card!

Shelly said...

Oh, my! This is beautiful!!! Love the colors!

GeeCee said...

oh...sooo pretty! luv the watercolour and the little peek of the complimentary panel behind it. The simple vellum sentiment adds a classy touch too. Thank you again!

Judy Tuck said...

Beautiful card Virginia. Love the pretty watercolours!

Laura B. said...

love the soft watercolor numbers and loose thread!! such a pretty card!