Friday, July 11, 2014

Word Die Challenge!

This is not the first time that I was inspired by the talented and sweet friend Laura Bassen...but her style is simply captivating! I often think of her style as the "Cover Girl" of card-making

 Easy Breezy Beautiful

 Here is the inspiration from Laura's (see here)
SSS~Balloon & Patterns Stencils

 
Previously, I had used the back side of the Altenew (Label Love) stamps to create this card. Again, I used the same stamps to create this inspired card.thanks
 I used Lawn Fawns' die cut Scripty Thanks to create this fun card. After making the die cut from the stamped design, I made a few more and stacked them together. I think I used 4 in total, so the height of the sentiment stood out a bit more. I am entering this to Moxie Fab Worlds' Word Dies Challenge.
Edited: I found out my card from the same word die was Pin of the Day from Lawn Fawn.Yay!
Reminder! 
~There is a summer giveaway going on in my blog (check top right side bar) or click here.
~Do you know that there are more prizes for Virginia's View Challenge this month (details here). The more you enter, the more chances that you will win this Custom Panels ELLE-ments from Avery Elle ( $28 in Value)
Thanks for stopping by. 

30 comments:

Laura B. said...

easy breezy beautiful is what this card is right there, babe! wow! thanks for such kind words...you are too kind, but I adore your colorful die cutting masterpiece so much!!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Virginia this is so bright and colourful I love your design1

Niki G said...

Gorgeously done!

Sheila H said...

Beautiful take on Laura's inspiration, Virginia!

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous. i've been wanting to do something like this. do you stamp the colors first and then again on the word or do you stamp them all at the same time? this is beautiful!

~amy~ said...

oooooohhhhh...I LOVE it.

Theresa said...

So happy that I found your blogs. Love your creations. Will be visiting often.

Bellule said...

Une carte vraiment superbe, j'adore !!

Bises.

Barb said...

Fantastic inspiration, Virginia! Loved Laura's card and totally love yours too! ♥

Deepti said...

Wow love the bold neon colors :) and easy breezy !

Arlene said...

What a fun card!

Harriet said...

Wonderful use of color and one excellent card!!

Lisa said...

FANTASTIC card Virginia! Bright and happy!

Miriam Prantner said...

So fun! I love the colored bars and I love that LF die...it's on my list of things I need to get!

Kelly Griglione said...

You have a way with words, Virginia!! "Cover Girl" is a great label for Laura : ) Amazingly, you also have a way with cards!! Really love your use of the back of the stamp and your word die. It's such a happy cluster of colors all together!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on being a "pin up" girl at Lawn Fawn! LOve this colorful Laura inspired creation!

Shelly said...

LOVE this!!! Pure awesomeness! And Congrats, on the 'pin of the day'! :) Happy Friday!

Diane Jaquay said...

Awesome, happy colors, LOVE this, Virginia!

conil said...

Wow, talk about great CASEing. This is truly stunning. Good luck on the challenge.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome.. love how you where inspired and i love the color combo..

Happy Dance said...

Absolutely right about Laura, however, you're also right there with her on the Cover. Fantastic card! Bright, happy colors. This makes me smile! Love it. Bev

Cindy C. said...

Both Laura's and your card are really beautiful!

Jess said...

Fabulous card! Love the way all the colors overlap.

Sabrina said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Nora N. said...

How FUN is this!! I love how you used the back of the label love for this card. I am going to have to "copy" this technique!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! And, no wonder it was Pin of the Day with Lawn Fawn...you are very deserving! I love the dimension you created by stacking this sentiment, and the colors are just beautiful! Now, every time I see a card by Laura, I'm going to think of the Cover Girl commercial! She is pretty special, that's for sure :-)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

pcm said...

love laura and love your take!

Taunya Butler said...

I just have to join the crowd in oohing and ahhing over this - IT IS TRULY FANTASTIC!! You have chosen colors that go well together and accent each other!! And the way you did your thanks - wow, way to make it stand right out!! And I struggle with sequins so I really must tell you that each one of yours are perfectly placed and this card SINGS!!!!

Carol McCready said...

Fabulous card.