Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Shape Card

Have you tried making shape cards yet? Virginia's View Challenge is still going on. I decided to make one more shape card for the challenge. I simply took out my dies and created a shape card...

When you put a half hexagon and a half circle together, what do you get?
A Cupcake! 

I used this Craft-A-Board (Ellen Hutson) to make the shape of a cupcake with my Hexagon dies (LifeStyle Craft) and circle dies (Spellbinders). The color mediums are Gelatos
happy birthday
For the "icing", I used Wendi Vecchi Embossing Paste with Martha Stewart glitter
 The "cherry" on top? It's a large moonshine sequin (from Simon Says Stamp) with the bright red copic marker. I added a ribbon and Perfect Pearl Liquid for the dotty details. I used Ice Cream Dream for the sentiment and polka dot stamp.

I thought I could enter this in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge (stencil and pastes)

You can check out the fabulous entries over Virginia's View Challenge here!
AND....there is a Design Team call going on over CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

This is the first time...for a DT call.  If you are passionate about stamping, a fan of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps....and love being on a team, don't delay, apply now!
 
  Thanks so much for stopping by!

25 comments:

Alanna said...

What a super fun card and how fabulous that you were able to make a cupcake with those dies. Pure genius.

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh! That is the cutest thing! I love it, V! You are so clever! Brilliant idea and love the sparkle! ♥

Gunilla/Nilla said...

I LOVE cupcakes and this is so much fun the way you´ve used the dies.
Beautiful with the colored and sparkly Embossing Paste.

Have a lovely day/Gunilla

Dawn Turley said...

Great idea Virginia. Your card is fabulous.

Lynn said...

Love how you combined the two dies and the embossing paste/glitter combo is stunning Virginia.

Stef H said...

well you certainly aced the shaped card. i NEVER make shaped cards. they scare the snot out of me. but you may have just changed my mind!

this is fabulous!

Susi Kelly said...

Love all that "yummy" goodness on your Cupcake "icing" :-)

Sheila H said...

Love uour cupcake card, Virginia. The shape and frosting are delightful :) Clever use of your dies!

Cindy C. said...

So clever and fab looking!!!

Sharla said...

Hi Virginia, just wanted to tell you how utterly amazing your cupcake card is...and very clever using two different dies....I also love the texture and colors! Hope you have a great day! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

That is thinking outside the the box Virginia! Love your cupcake!

conil said...

This is a winner. So innovative.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful card! I love the paste on the cupcake top!

Annette Allen said...

such a fun shaped card.. love the embossed chevrons.. so fun

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Virginia! I'm so impressed with how you put these 2 shapes together, and came up with a cupcake...and a gorgeous, sparkly one, as well!
Thanks so much for your inspiration...I need to get busy on my shaped card!

Shelly said...

Love, love, love! So fun!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

oh this is so cool Virginia! I love it! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

This is so so beautiful and I love the sparkle here, it makes me think of Fabergé egg ;)

Ruby Craft said...

So yummy! Love the sugary chevrons! Just checked out your challenge blog. Looks like a lot of creative entries over there, shape cards are such fun!

Deepti said...

Love is yummy cup cake!!

Lynn K said...

Love this yummy card! The icing is awesome. Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge "Stencils and Pastes"!

Rachel said...

this card is so SWEET i just love it. the glittery icing is just yummy ;) Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Donna B. said...

Very fun shaped card Virginia! I love the colors of the modeling paste and it's so much fun to add glitter. The sequins are a great accent too. Thanks so much for joining us again this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Petti said...

Very clever design! Great card!

Melanie said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!